Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 PM

125 posts, read 187,735 times

Advertisements

I just received these links in an email and thought I would share. Now no one can claim "racist" against Obama when they view these videos.

Video #1 LINK

Video #2 LINK

Anyone that thinks OB has the black vote locked up might want to think again.

Now as far as this last video goes ..... I will scream racist for you!

Video #3 LINK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 12:15 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
I just received these links in an email and thought I would share. Now no one can claim "racist" against Obama when they view these videos.

Video #1 LINK

Video #2 LINK

Now as far as this last video goes ..... I will scream racist for you!

Video #3 LINK
What can I say? Obviously one of the only 2% of blacks not actually planing to vote for him. Now that blew my mind! An African American pastor call Obama Hitler and really meaning it. WOW! Just when you think you have heard it all.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
"Not even JESUS is as popular as BARACK is!"

So you all like this guy, do you?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,252,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
rotflmao!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,569,337 times
Pastor Manning has been speaking the truth for years. He has done alot for Harlem without kissing up to anybody.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:52 AM

240 posts, read 475,251 times
The comparison he is making between Obama and Hitler seems to stem only from their ability to attract large crowds and to be admired upon, but how is that a bad thing? Yes, Hitler did use his popularity and persuasiveness to have a group of people subjectated and eventually murdered, but how can that be said the same of Obama? I don't see Obama preaching about attacking a certain group of people and killing them. The Rev.'s only argument for comparing Obama to Hitler is based primarily on their huge populairty, and if he goes by that logic should every popular person that is able to attract large crowds (celebrities, musicians, etc) be compared to Hitler? I think not. Of course there are many blacks out there who do not support Obama, but it is not because he is the second coming of Hitler just because they are both popular.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Not even JESUS is as popular as BARACK is!"

So you all like this guy, do you?
Didn't John Lennon say the same thing about the Beatles?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:58 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,752 times
Manning's views are not representative of black people. The man is CRAZY.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Pastor Manning has been speaking the truth for years. He has done alot for Harlem without kissing up to anybody.

Oh, puleeeze this guy is the biggest "poverty program pimp" around, compared to Manning, Al Sharpton comes off looking like a latter day Martin Luther King, Jr.

So this is the guy you want to hold up next to Obama?

His wiki entry:

James David Manning (1947-) is chief pastor at the ATLAH World Missionary Church on 123rd Street in New York City. Pastor Manning grew up in Red Springs, North Carolina, and has been at ATLAH since 1981. ATLAH stands for All the Land Anointed Holy, which is Pastor Manning's name for Harlem.[1]
[MOD CUT]

From the NYT's:

Dr. Manning, the pastor of the ATLAH World Missionary church in Harlem for the past 27 years, says the only way to free the neighborhood from its present grip of gentrification is for its residents to boycott its shops, restaurants, doctors, banks and churches (excepting his own, of course).

That action, combined with a general rent strike, would force all property owners out of Harlem, he said, leaving the neighborhood to its rightful inheritors: black people.

A little piece on Pastor Manning from Pulpit Pimps (broken link).

Now I'll trade you one Pastor Manning for a Jeremiah Wright.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-19-2008 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Hahahahaha, I LOVE Pastor Manning!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections