Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
When do you think will the fever end for OBAMA?
As soon as the recession starts.

Quote:
What do you think will be the next big thing that people will talk and obsess about?
Getting rid of him in the next election.

That's pretty much how it went for Carter. With a Democrat-controlled House and Senate there'll be no way to lay blame on Republicans. The Democrats will just have to fight amongst themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 12:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Hey, you know how the fever only lasts for a few weeks, months, years if the person is lucky.

What do you think will be the next big thing that people will talk and obssess about???

I am suspecting that the fever will end after November 4th.
Fever can be controlled with Tylenol, it is the mental wellness of my repub friends, when Obama is in the WH that concerns me.

Last edited by meson; 10-19-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 10-19-2008, 12:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Hey, you know how the fever only lasts for a few weeks, months, years if the person is lucky.

What do you think will be the next big thing that people will talk and obssess about???

I'm thinking it will start to wind down in about eight years...

Old 10-19-2008, 12:22 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Maybe we'll see a backlash of Obama like we did Disco music in the early 80s. I can just see it now, a huge pile of Obama pins, bumper stickers, signs and t-shirts, being set on fire in the middle of Texas Stadium. What a glorious day that would be! Maybe he'll even make a "special appearance" just to hear everyone BOOOOO him!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Once Obama is elected, he can start repairing America. The frenzy will die down and hopefully ALL American Citizens and Residents will put their shoulder to the challenge. If you haven't noticed the stockmarket has tumbled more than anytime in history. The Iraqis are now crying for America to leave. Obama will negotiate with the Iraqi Govt. and withdraw as soon as it is safe to do so. His current tax breaks will be tempered by the economy and will change as needed. Only an Idiot would believe that you can only have 1 tax strategy and stick to it no matter what ( like the last eight years). NO ONE can ever say for sure how any policy will work until it is tried and tested. The old policies in America have failed and failed badly. It is now time for a new broom to sort out the mess. Obama, at least, is willing to kick out the failing strategies and try new ideas.
Wow, you've been seriously imbibing the Kool-Aid!!!! Obama doesn't KNOW HOW to "repair" America -- he was only in the U.S. Senate for a year before he began running for Prez!

I suggest you take a strong look at the policies and rhetoric of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, as they would have their way with this country until Obama figures out how the Office of the President works. And, by then, we'll be in an even bigger muddle.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:34 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:

It will end on inargaration day in January of 2017 when Hillary Clinton will be president

Old 10-19-2008, 04:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Oh please!!! He never wished a thing and never said that he did. Why in the hell do so many of you work so hard to show your lack of reading comprehension?
More twisting of the facts by the neo-cons.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
More twisting of the facts by the neo-cons.
I guess it is ok for you to call yourself neo-con, but I am not by any stretch. I just like to make sure that people know when people tell misstatements. Get over it. I am an Independent and just because someone disagrees with the liberals or someone does not make them automatically a neo-con. learn how to discuss without calling names.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:

VERY quickly after he is sworn into office if he wins....VERY quickly.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,695 times
Given the novelty and historic nature of his pending election combined with the fervor of support he enjoys in the U.S. and abroad, he will achieve such superstar status as president that he will remain at the center of media attention and public interest throughout his presidency.

I predict he'll become an iconic figure along the lines of Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt, Princess Diana, and Pope John Paul, among others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections