Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times

Advertisements

Some people dont want a President who is seen as an Intellectual? I wonder why? Why do people think they want someone that is just like them? Why not support for someone who may be smarter than themselves? My guess is fear. They fear being taken out of their comfort zone. At the same time, how many people shoot animals from helicopters?

Commentary: Will 'intellectual' label hurt Obama? - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,396 times
I aint alowin me to have one of them their presidints who pall around with edukited peeople. no sirry bob. how dare he work with a profesir on a bord.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,038 times
How highly is highly? Somewhere on this forum, I read that his IQ is 130. My daughter's is 132, but that doesn't have anything to do with book knowledge..well, maybe a tad. So he's intelligent...that's good. I just hope good judgment overrules his smarts IF he wins.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Can't do any worse than the current (p)resident.

I'd love to see Krugman with a cabinet seat.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Some people dont want a President who is seen as an Intellectual? I wonder why? Why do people think they want someone that is just like them? Why not support for someone who may be smarter than themselves? My guess is fear. They fear being taken out of their comfort zone. At the same time, how many people shoot animals from helicopters?

I dont think him being percieved as an intellectual hurt's him as much as, him being percieved as a fraud does.
I would rather the President actually has some real world experience, some one who has done something other than been in government all their lives especially the Senate!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
"Intellectuals" are known for doddering and dithering issues to death and can't get past discussion/debate. They can spend ungodly amounts of time weighing a fine point of law but are incapable of charting a direct course and plan of action. Look at Obama's explanation for rejecting the "Born Alive" bill that everyone else passed, including the U.S. Congress, and which the abortion rights giant NARAL declared was satisfactory for protecting abortion rights. Obama dithered and debated, suggesting it would imply a Constitutional problem that no one else found.

THIS is the do-nothing mindset that Obama's "intellectualism" represents.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:15 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

The majority, though not all, of Republicans are uneducated so naturally they fear intellectuals.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:16 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I dont think him being percieved as an intellectual hurt's him as much as, him being percieved as a fraud does.
I would rather the President actually has some real world experience, some one who has done something other than been in government all their lives especially the Senate!
So how is there any advantage if that supposed experience hasnt resulted in the change that McCain now rails about? He's been there 26 years! If he now complains about DC, he need only look in the mirror to discover the reason why DC needs change.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:16 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
There's book learning and then there's real life, hands on learning. Obama lacks the latter.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,396 times
^That is really stereotyping it. Most of the highest educated CEOs are republicans.

Al ot of the union, labor workers in the cities are uneducated and vote democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections