Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
are you referring to the capital gains tax that he pays at 15%? lol, that would be the ONLY tax bracket he would pay less than his cleaning lady. and its still not comparing apples to apples since that isn't a INCOME TAX, rofl. nice try tho.

he is playing the obama lottery, if you win everyone gets $500, rofl.
Fear is under rated. I'm 46 because I'm afraid of doing things that will insure I don't see 47. Skydiving is an excellent example. I have a friend who skydives. He says it's a blast. I'll never know because I have enough common sense to not jump out of an aircraft for any reason. I personally will not be taking this leap with Obama either.

Reason?

Again, common sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I know. Same here.

Only a race baiter would say that.

Name me a white liberal democrat with virtually no experience that you could imagine Powell endorsing. He telegraphed months ago when he said it would be electrifying to have an AA president.
Minus the ethnicity and party affiliation and you have G-dubs.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:15 PM

And don't bash McCains time as a POW. That is also pathetic.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Please carry on and call out a decorated war hero and life long civil servant as a racist
Who's calling him a racist? He is opting to support a "brother", regardless of that brothers liberal ideology, which he would reject out of hand in any other circumstance. It is clear. I mean really, can you imagine him supporting Kerry, a fellow veteran?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,958,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Again, common sense!
As you can see, there is a severe shortage of that around here.

Billy Mays 08'

Old 10-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Who's calling him a racist? He is opting to support a "brother", regardless of that brothers liberal ideology, which he would reject out of hand in any other circumstance. It is clear.
The only thing that is clear is that you are a troll.

So why are you not outside of Ayers house right now since you are so concerned with the connections and you live in "chicago-land"?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
The only thing that is clear is that you are a troll.

So why are you not outside of Ayers house right now since you are so concerned with the connections and you live in "chicago-land"?
Your response is totally disconnected from the quote. What does this topic have to do with Ayers?

Tell me you think Powell could support Kerry.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,450 times
Who do you think has a better analysis of who should be president? Colin Powell or the little nameless online forum McBush-ites?

Hmmm?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Powell would never have endorsed a white liberal democrat. Period. Race, all the way, baby.
Were in the phrase "Race, all the way, baby." does it not assume that Colin Powell is endorsing Obama because they're both black? Were in refering to both of them as "brothers" do you not race-bait?

Is this an example of the right saying that the Obama campaign is playing the race card? If so please let me know how this isn't racist?

The Ayers statement is in regards to your "outrage" a few weeks back about the "washed up domestic terrorist (McCain quote)" that was supposedly such a big deal. You wasted a lot of time writing about how "dangerous" Obama was because of this association, yet when I provided Ayers address, both home and work, and email address telling you to address the terrorist not the pretend associate, you ignored me.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,137,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Soon after McCain hit the ground in Hanoi, the code went out the window. "I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital," he later admitted pleading with his captors. McCain now insists the offer was a bluff, designed to fool the enemy into giving him medical treatment. In fact, his wounds were attended to only after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a Navy admiral. What has never been disclosed is the manner in which they found out: McCain told them. According to Dramesi, one of the few POWs who remained silent under years of torture, McCain tried to justify his behavior while they were still prisoners. "I had to tell them," he insisted to Dramesi, "or I would have died in bed."
Everybody breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections