Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Did you actually read the entire article? Joe Biden made me nervous.
There are two issues here:

1) Whether you can't believe he actually said it
2) Whether it's true

Biden says a lot of things a politician ought to keep to himself. The media likes to call it gaffes. I like to call it truth. Have you ever heard the word "gaffe" used by the media when they aren't talking about politics?

Now the Dems are spinning that of course Obama the newbie will be tested. That's the point isn't it. What crisis are we going to have to endure so Obama can get some "handling" experience? And why test him, isn't the world gonna LOVE us because Obama is the president?

What's even more disturbing is the rest of what Biden says, that would be the part about Obama doing something that we're all going to think is bad but trust them, it'll work out in the end. Either Biden's been hitting the Ouija board or they're planning something that's going to make us all puke after The One gets elected and Biden has been set up to prepare us for the worst.

Now, the media is dragging out the Biden Brain Scan issues. I'm thinking the guy speaks the truth. You can call it a gaffe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:49 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Oil production could very well be the exact same. The difference is instead of it going into SH's and his henchmen
Same... or worse... don't worry, it's always going into some henchman's pocket, rest assured of that. But with the futures bubble pop in oil prices, maybe thos henchman will have more reason to pump more now.

I do not believe for a second Hussein is not the Adolf Hitler boogeyman that many pundits here in the U.S. would tirelessly pretend, which is why the notion of his removal being the catalyst to an invasion wasn't even pursued prior to the invasion. Remember something about WMDs and false, doctored connections to Bin Laden, which showed not only was our cabinet misinformed, but that they blatantly lied.

Had this been used as a rationale, there never would have been an invasion (and for rightful reasons) as the U.S. people wouldn't (and shouldn't) have given a sh1t.

Quote:
it's going back into society to rebuild and hopefully one day be a better country.
Technically, it appears to be going into a surplus, while the U.S. rebuilds the country (that sadly, it did destroy).

Quote:
No one can say for sure but as Dem's would say it's got to be better than it was.
Quantifiable evidence (e.g. violence, crime, civil unrest, jobs, infrastructure etc.) would disagree, as would quite a few Repubs and Democrats (as would I). Don't think for a second that I would blindly follow the prevailing majority of Dems or the GOP w/o thinking an issue through.

Quote:
In the post you originally replied to I'm not sure if you saw this or not but....

"We can only guess at the damage...."
Yes, but 'damage caused by attacks' is fundamentally different from 'damage avoided as a result of post-9/11 U.S. policy', wouldn't you agree?
Quote:
I should have added it could have caused. I agree there is no way to know. All we can do is look at the attacks that were successful against us and then compare it to how many have not been successful. If we prevented just one 9/11 type attack the trillion we have spent fighting the wars and 3 trillion we have spent overall are just drops in the bucket compared to what another catastrophe like that would cost. It would be equal to what we have already spent and in some estimates long term 9/11 along has cost our economy (other than the wars) close to 8-10 trillion dollars through UE, rebuilding, price fluctuations....etc.
I agree we have to be more vigilant at home, mindful of the 3 party checks and balances and U.S. Constitution, if that's any consolation. Further consolation would be that I think that Joe Biden is a anti-network neutrality douche bag.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 10-21-2008 at 11:58 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,765,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OH! OH! A CRISIS is coming ! Bawck Bawck! The sky is falling! Everyone run and hide ! Bawk!

Since when HASN'T a crisis been coming, arrived, and passed ???

Get a grip.
Hey, your man Biden is the one who lit the fires yesterday. He's whacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections