Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Just says whatever he needs to to get votes.
You mean like how McCain picked Palin as his running mate so he can go after women voters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No but you come accross as dishonest and a flip flopper if you change it in all the cities you go to!!! But maybe not for the kool aid drinkers....they are still asleep.

Well, I consider it a much more serious flip-flop when a man runs for POTUS claiming he doesn't believe we should use the military for nation building and proceeds to do just that. And when a man who's running for POTUS supports that flip-flopper more than 90% of the time I believe it's much more telling than who likes whatever damn baseball team.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Jon Stewart, rocks again. He just addressed this tonite and showed Palin, in one week, showing love to the Rays, Phillies and the Red Sox.
Republicans, you're really running out of ammo. McSame even addressed this in a speech today. What a clown.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:19 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Jon Stewart, rocks again. He just addressed this tonite and showed Palin, in one week, showing love to the Rays, Phillies and the Red Sox.
Republicans, you're really running out of ammo. McSame even addressed this in a speech today. What a clown.
I missed it!! Sounds like Jon Stewart was right on the money, as usual.

Another swing and a miss for the McCain camp. I mean, anyone can find a politician rooting for the home team of whatever town he or she is in! Someone like McCain has probably been around enough that he's publicly on the record saying he's rooting for every single MLB team... even some no longer in existence, I'm sure.

Next October Surprise from the McCain camp:

"Obama professes his love for the wonderful weather in Nevada, yet turns around and praises the sunshine in Florida the next day!! Which is it Obama, do you like humidity or desert air! Stop flip-flopping and come clean on the issue."

Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Quote:
Today Obama travelled and migth have thought the camera wasn't on him. In one city he claimed to be favorite the Phillies and when Obama spoke in Tampa his favorite team were The Rays!!!

Wow, what a fake person this guy is...does he really think we live back in the days that people don't find out how he tries to say what people want to hear.....
I saw this to, talk about the ultimate flip flopper. If he'll do this just to please fans at a rally he'll certainly lie all the time just to please the American people if elected. He will tell you what you want to hear rather than what you need to hear. Nobama doesn't shoot from the hip that's for sure.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I saw this to, talk about the ultimate flip flopper. If he'll do this just to please fans at a rally he'll certainly lie all the time just to please the American people if elected. He will tell you what you want to hear rather than what you need to hear. Nobama doesn't shoot from the hip that's for sure.
So no answer to the fact that Palin was caught on camera rooting for the Rays, Phillies and the Red Sox in one week?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
How is this flip-flopping?!

SportingNews.com - Obama Pledges His Support to the Phillies; Rays Players Endorse Obama Anyway

P.S., from the Sporting News:

"Rays fans have to be deeply troubled by this: Their players shaking hands with a guy who once served on an education board with a reformed terrorist. Does that not make the players guilty of terrorism by association? Quick: We’re gonna need some robocalls in the Tampa-St. Pete area warning them of who the Rays are associating themselves with. Any fan will understand that the real problem facing the Rays this week isn’t the impending Cole Hamels Crisis and how the team will deal with that on the field, but rather who they’re spending their free time palling around with."

Old 10-22-2008, 06:46 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Today Obama travelled and migth have thought the camera wasn't on him. In one city he claimed to be favorite the Phillies and when Obama spoke in Tampa his favorite team were The Rays!!!

Wow, what a fake person this guy is...does he really think we live back in the days that people don't find out how he tries to say what people want to hear.....
Who cares? He should support both sides. As future president they are both his teams.
Remeber, You're an AMERICAN before you are a Republican or a Democrat.

I don't know about you, but if I was running for office, playing a concert or even speaking at a meeting, saying Go Rays or Cheers to the Phillies, is expected, even if I didn't like Baseball.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Who cares????

Old 10-22-2008, 06:56 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
You know, j - I really don't think you of all people should be the one to talk. Somebody who reads a post about how stupid wingnuts were mistaking the flag of the state of Ohio for some newly invented "Obama Flag" and makes a comment about how Obama's new flag was a bad idea.

Are you incapable of reading? Do you just jump on anything that confirms what you want to believe, no matter whether it's a lie or not?

Bentlebee is lying. Several people on this comment thread have proven it. He's too dishonest to admit it. And you jump on his side without investigating it.

You do realize that you're not doing anything for your integrity, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections