Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times

Advertisements

Republican are attempting to potray Obamma as being part of a nefarious scheme to steal the election through voter fraud, thet fail to mention that even if a fraudulent voter application form is submitted, it means nothing unless someone attempts to vote using that name. Many of the fraudulent applications contain names no one would ever attempt to use such as Mickey Mouse.

However many republican Secretaries of State with cooperation with republican party officials and republican office holders are systematically and purposely purging legitimate minority and poor white Americans from the voting rolls.

Read for yourself and ask,

"who is really trying to steal this election".

Block the Vote : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/23638322/block_the_vote - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,928,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Republican are attempting to potray Obamma as being part of a nefarious scheme to steal the election through voter fraud, thet fail to mention that even if a fraudulent voter application form is submitted, it means nothing unless someone attempts to vote using that name. Many of the fraudulent applications contain names no one would ever attempt to use such as Mickey Mouse.

However many republican Secretaries of State with cooperation with republican party officials and republican office holders are systematically and purposely purging legitimate minority and poor white Americans from the voting rolls.

Read for yourself and ask,

"who is really trying to steal this election".

Block the Vote : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/23638322/block_the_vote - broken link)
yeah...yeah, we know all about it.

The election will be won by the party that out frauds the other party. To think that the Dems are not committing election is to show one's ignorance about politics in this country.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
I guess you fail to realise that most voting offices in this country are rn by Democrats (i.e. cities that are liberal)

Wow, are wielding new federal legislation to systematically disenfranchise Democrats

I thought Congress was run by Democrats, not Republicans..

Since 2003, according to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, at least 2.7 million new voters have had their applications to register rejected Obviously due to Republicans !! (do these count all of the duplicate registrations by ACORN?

"We took over 100 complaints and investigated for almost two years — but I didn't find one prosecutable case of voter fraud in the entire state of New Mexico." But obviously something is there!!

I'm not even continuing, if you can get "Republican" from this, you didnt read the story objectively..

Old 10-21-2008, 06:45 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,928,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I guess you fail to realise that most voting offices in this country are rn by Democrats (i.e. cities that are liberal)

Wow, are wielding new federal legislation to systematically disenfranchise Democrats

I thought Congress was run by Democrats, not Republicans..

Since 2003, according to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, at least 2.7 million new voters have had their applications to register rejected Obviously due to Republicans !! (do these count all of the duplicate registrations by ACORN?

"We took over 100 complaints and investigated for almost two years — but I didn't find one prosecutable case of voter fraud in the entire state of New Mexico." But obviously something is there!!

I'm not even continuing, if you can get "Republican" from this, you didnt read the story objectively..
I have family that live in NM and they told me that NM has always had election fraud. The fact is that they are quite blatant about it also. BTW, it happens to be the Dems in NM that do the election fraud.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I have family that live in NM and they told me that NM has always had election fraud. The fact is that they are quite blatant about it also. BTW, it happens to be the Dems in NM that do the election fraud.
Odd to think that people consider it fraud to remove names from the registration rolls for thinks like homeowner foreclosues. I mean they dont live there anymore, they can not legally vote there. Lack of common sense in writers who think its cool to try to make fraud appear as fraud when there isnt any. That pat on the back though must be worthy of the lies they continue to repeat to those unwilling to think..

Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM

183 posts, read 255,748 times
Default Rolling Stone: It's Already Stolen

" + title + "

Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Nothing would surprise me at this point, though I still worry more about electronic voting machines. So much for democracy.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
On February 5th, the day of the Super Tuesday caucus, a school-bus driver named Paul Maez arrived at his local polling station to cast his ballot. To his surprise, Maez found that his name had vanished from the list of registered voters, thanks to a statewide effort to deter fraudulent voting. For Maez, the shock was especially acute: He is the supervisor of elections in Las Vegas.

This November, what happened to Maez will happen to hundreds of thousands of voters across the country. In state after state, Republican operatives — the party's elite commandos of bare-knuckle politics — are wielding new federal legislation to systematically disenfranchise Democrats. If this year's race is as close as the past two elections, the GOP's nationwide campaign could be large enough to determine the presidency in November.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,986 times
I'm glad Rolling Stone got involved.

This story has been bubbling beneath the surface for a couple months (at least), but hasn't really caught on yet.

I brought it up on another board, and the local conservatives hit back with Acorn voter registration problems, which isn't in the same ballpark.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,140 times
that's why republicans distract with REGISTRATION "fraud", to cover up their VOTING fraud and Voter suppression fraud.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections