Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

the people who threw a boulder through the windshield of a truck with McCain signs on it thought they were helping the Obama cause?
Here in MT we are usually respectful of others opinions (at least in public and to their face) and I'm trying to figure out the thought process that's evoking such hate against people who have different ideas on who should be elected that someone would destroy someones car.
This happened a couple of days ago in Missoula to a truck parked near an Obama storefront and made all the news here in MT.
I don't like the hate tones from either side and really don't like the racist rants I've heard against B.O. but I've not seen McCain people destroying anything (at least here).
I just don't get the no war,peace, love,gotta talk to our enemy thing but let's go out and destroy something to make our point idea....
Please enlighten me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Some people are just plain stupid.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:55 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I think that sums it up right there, along with no respect for people's property.

Unfortunately, it's not only the election that brings out this crazy behaviour, it happens all the time. It's really sad.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
People are dumb and emotional. Put that together and you have problems.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
the people who threw a boulder through the windshield of a truck with McCain signs on it thought they were helping the Obama cause?
Here in MT we are usually respectful of others opinions (at least in public and to their face) and I'm trying to figure out the thought process that's evoking such hate against people who have different ideas on who should be elected that someone would destroy someones car.
This happened a couple of days ago in Missoula to a truck parked near an Obama storefront and made all the news here in MT.
I don't like the hate tones from either side and really don't like the racist rants I've heard against B.O. but I've not seen McCain people destroying anything (at least here).
I just don't get the no war,peace, love,gotta talk to our enemy thing but let's go out and destroy something to make our point idea....
Please enlighten me.
You had me right up until the "no war, peace, love, gotta talk to our enemy" part.

Throwing rocks through windows, shooting a bear in the head and plastering it with Obama stickers and dumping it at a University Admin Building, etc. are childish stupid things. These people should be punished by the law.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I think that sums it up right there, along with no respect for people's property.

Unfortunately, it's not only the election that brings out this crazy behaviour, it happens all the time. It's really sad.
Unfortunately, this election is highlighting most of the stupid. People acting like brats. Almost like, if you don't play with your toys the right way, I'll break them.

Seems it's just not ok anymore to disagree with someone else's opinions and values. What does that sound like??

Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Agree with all of the above posts. It is just plain "stupid" to steal others political signs, and it is "criminal" to do damage to others property. Unfortunatly, there are folks on both sides of the aisle that will do these sorts of things, and ALL OF THE REST OF US need to condemn that activity, regardeless of liberal or conservative views!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,949 times
There are dumb people everywhere. Even though I am pro-Obama, I've heard about the Sarah Palin speech when someone in the crowd yells, "Kill him" and other stuff.
Do I think that everyone who is against Obama wants him killed? Or that everyone at that rally wants him killed? Of course not. Some people just do stupid things. Maybe they aren't very bright, or, more likely, they get caught up in some kind of frenzy.

So just because a couple of stupid things happen in your town does not mean that Obama people talk peace but just want to destroy in order to make your point.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
It happens on both sides.

Mostly, it's probably random vandalism that you can't really pin on one side or the other. Just because there was a McCain bumper sticker?

Here's one (http://www.mockpaperscissors.com/?p=10500 - broken link) that's definitely Rethuglican violence against an Obama supporter's car.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
You had me right up until the "no war, peace, love, gotta talk to our enemy" part.

Throwing rocks through windows, shooting a bear in the head and plastering it with Obama stickers and dumping it at a University Admin Building, etc. are childish stupid things. These people should be punished by the law.
I'd agree, haven't heard of those incidents though I must confess.... The reason I added the No war etc part was because it seems (at least to me) that quite a bit of the Dems support and base has that belief pattern, and these actions fly right in the face of those beliefs. Not that I'm saying it's wrong or right, just that it's my perception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections