Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,430 times

Advertisements

It boils down to this, McCain will continue Bush's 'Welfare for the Rich' policies, and Obama will help the Middle Class, which is in shambles now.
If I'm bankrupt and losing my house, I really don't care what race Obama is, I just want someone who will help, which is why McCain will go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 06:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
What it boils down to is 60 million people getting a check from welfare under Obama becaue others are working their a*ses off

Old 10-25-2008, 06:35 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Obama is for welfare people and not the middle class. He wants the money from the rish, supposedly at least, and then he will make the middle class pay more in taxes when he finds out that he can't do anything without higher taxes on the middle class. Then we will see what he is all about.

That said, I hope that I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It boils down to this, McCain will continue Bush's 'Welfare for the Rich' policies, and Obama will help the Middle Class, which is in shambles now.
If I'm bankrupt and losing my house, I really don't care what race Obama is, I just want someone who will help, which is why McCain will go down.

If you're bankrupt and losing your house it's your own fault. How many 'middle class' provide the investment to create jobs in this country? None. You work for us. Be happy you have a job. We take the risks so of course the tax structure should benefit us.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
If you are bankrupt and losing your house why should you get some sort of special help...I've had plenty of financial struggles that I managed to plan and work my way out of, and others that I planned for and avoided....I like to think others are accountable to do the same on their own.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,397 times
Obama will help black people who don't work.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
GOP/DOD got welfare for the rich fevor, and daddy warbucks & lil orphan annie got on their disco clothes.
obama to the rescue.
obama 08

Old 10-25-2008, 10:06 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,667 times
Quote:
You're not getting a tax cut.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:10 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,750 times
Obama will "help" the dead beats that are to lazy to work.
McCain will help them if they go out and get a JOB.

I'm sick and tired of paying for the dead beat, food stamp, welfare, Section 8, tax dollar parasites that infest our country. Get a job!!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,156,770 times
I love the exaggerations on both sides.

Obama certainly favors a progressive tax structure as he thinks under such structures you will end up with a greater distribution of wealth where everyone would be better off.

McCain thinks by reducing taxes to the wealthy you will fuel job growth (as it is the wealthy after all that are supply the capital for new businesses etc) and hence make everyone better off.

The two have similar goal, they merely differ on the best way to achieve it. I really wish people would leave the partisanship at the door and talk about the relative merits of the policy differences

Last edited by Humanoid; 10-25-2008 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections