Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,982 times

Advertisements

Honest opinions only please! Serious questions to serious issues Obama will face or likely to face as a potential President.

Scenarios:

1. Iran special op troops sneak into Israel and take hostage 500 Israeli citizens to place as human shields at its military installations. How does Obama handle this?

2. Obama implements tax increases on the $250,000 threshold as advertised, only that percentage of income earners drops by 75% due to the economic woes. How will he handle this? Print money driving more inflation? Back off his promised programs?

3. We are attacked on the scale of 9-11 by Pakistan militant terrorists. What does he do?

4. It is discovered at the same time and confirmed 100% Iran and N. Korea will have a long range tactical nuke missle capable of reaching Europe or even the Eastern US in under 6 months. What is his move here?

5. His tax increases fail to stimulate the economy. Unemployment slips into double digits as well as double digit inflation. Muni bonds begin failing and a recession is quickly showing signs of a depression. What economic moves would Obama make? Keep taxes high? Or reduce them as Bush did?

6. Iran, N. Korea would like Obama to fly over and have coffee and tea, perhaps some pastries to. Would like to talk about making a deal with the US. Conditions, or he just hops on a plane and goes for a visit like a long lost old buddy?

7. He is in the oval office, alone, a young twenty-something intern, absolute beauty wants to get on her knees. He assumes nobody will ever know. Does he go for it, or turn it down? A character question.

8. His then teen daughter gets pregnant, he encourages her to have the baby, or abort it?

9. Assuming Democrats control the house and have the presidency, will Obama still take input from Republicans on major issues, or simply snub them all?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,947 times
Interesting read this weekend...
Obama will support a law that will suspend medical doctors from delivering babies if they refuse to also perform abortions.
Sounds like a bad idea.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Interesting read this weekend...
Obama will support a law that will suspend medical doctors from delivering babies if they refuse to also perform abortions.
Sounds like a bad idea.
Really? That's a total surprise to me and believe me, this would affect me. Link?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
3. We are attacked on the scale of 9-11 by Pakistan militant terrorists. What does he do?
I'm ok with: ANYTHING, but sit there reading a children's book.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How would if affect YOU?
How would it not?
Seems like a really bad idea.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Obama is going to win. Yes. I love watching the republicans rant. Oh and proof of the bolded part?
I am not ranting.
I am disagreeing with you.
My right as an AMERICAN.

Learn something.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Quote:
How would it not?
Seems like a really bad idea.
Because i'm not a woman smart mouth. Abortions are done only on women.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Because i'm not a woman smart mouth. Abortions are done only on women.
Really?
All of those murdered babies have been female?
Don't think so.
Abortions are done on everyone.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Quote:
Really?
All of those murdered babies have been female?
Don't think so.
Abortions are done on everyone.
Don't worry. I'll send you flowers or something after Obama wins. Have fun. Wipe me down.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Honest opinions only please! Serious questions to serious issues Obama will face or likely to face as a potential President.
Serious questions, puleeeze!

Scenarios:

1. Iran special op troops sneak into Israel and take hostage 500 Israeli citizens to place as human shields at its military installations. How does Obama handle this?

More important question is how does Israel handle it? But while we are at inventing wild and highly implausible scenarios (slipping into a country and whisking away with 500 citizens) why don't we ask, what would Obama due if the Empires Death Star showed up in the outer atmosphere?

2. Obama implements tax increases on the $250,000 threshold as advertised, only that percentage of income earners drops by 75% due to the economic woes. How will he handle this? Print money driving more inflation? Back off his promised programs?

This one is ways since you've already answered the question.

I don't know what he would do, but I know that he wouldn't invade East Ossetia and proclaim us all Georgians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections