Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:50 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yeah. My posts were deleted too. I can still see yours for some odd reason though. Fine. I'll research it, but quit getting all mad over something silly please.
No sir, I'm not getting mad over anything... Well except for my posts being deleted which flies in the face of freedom of speech, but that's not your fault.

If you say you are going to research it, then all I can say is that I repect you for doing so. No anger over here.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:51 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
What was this thread about again? LOL.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
What was this thread about again? LOL.
Once again, not your fault. There wasn't any legitimate reason for any of these posts to be deleted. Anyway, aside from all of that, all I asked is that you do some research, and you said that you would do that. Again, I respect you for that, and I hope we can leave it at that too. In spite of the missing posts, there are no hard feelings from this end.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:59 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
I can assume by the democratic response that your candidate is not capable of handling any of these issues?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 PM

511 posts, read 658,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Interesting read this weekend...
Obama will support a law that will suspend medical doctors from delivering babies if they refuse to also perform abortions.
Sounds like a bad idea.
smear

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I can assume by the democratic response that your candidate is not capable of handling any of these issues?
Neither could Bush.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
smear
No smear.
Bullying people you don't agree with, having posts deleted because they don't go along with your Messiah, that is what is actually wrong here.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Here we go again.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
1. Iran special op troops sneak into Israel and take hostage 500 Israeli citizens to place as human shields at its military installations. How does Obama handle this?
Don't know what Obama would do. Personally I'd laugh my ass off.

Quote:
2. Obama implements tax increases on the $250,000 threshold as advertised, only that percentage of income earners drops by 75% due to the economic woes. How will he handle this? Print money driving more inflation? Back off his promised programs?
Probably a combination of things, and possibly a slight tax increase, which would still be less than top rate in most industrialized countries.

Quote:
3. We are attacked on the scale of 9-11 by Pakistan militant terrorists. What does he do?
Ask Congress for a declaration of war on Pakistan, which Bush probably should've done before now.

Quote:
4. It is discovered at the same time and confirmed 100% Iran and N. Korea will have a long range tactical nuke missle capable of reaching Europe or even the Eastern US in under 6 months. What is his move here?
What I hope he would do is stop playing the world's cowboy, stop babysitting Israel, and fight our actual enemies. That might be too much to hope for, though.

Quote:
5. His tax increases fail to stimulate the economy. Unemployment slips into double digits as well as double digit inflation. Muni bonds begin failing and a recession is quickly showing signs of a depression. What economic moves would Obama make? Keep taxes high? Or reduce them as Bush did?
It depends. Contrary to the ultra-right wing's misinterpretation of the Laffer curve, every tax cut does not increase revenue. I would expect that savings from ending the misguided occupation of Iraq would help the budget situation, also.

Quote:
6. Iran, N. Korea would like Obama to fly over and have coffee and tea, perhaps some pastries to. Would like to talk about making a deal with the US. Conditions, or he just hops on a plane and goes for a visit like a long lost old buddy?
Anything that keeps the missiles from flying in our direction is all right with me.

Quote:
7. He is in the oval office, alone, a young twenty-something intern, absolute beauty wants to get on her knees. He assumes nobody will ever know. Does he go for it, or turn it down? A character question.
He's been married to only one woman, unlike McCain.

Quote:
8. His then teen daughter gets pregnant, he encourages her to have the baby, or abort it?
His kids would know about contraception, unlike the Palin yokels.

Quote:
9. Assuming Democrats control the house and have the presidency, will Obama still take input from Republicans on major issues, or simply snub them all?
I think he will take all Republican ideas into consideration other than those which are fit for the inmates of a lunatic asylum.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:10 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,686 times
Quote:
Neither could Bush.
New guy whomever it may be will have his chance to show America his strong leadership abilities...also th e President's position is not a place to learn to be a leader, he/she best have their flippen act together before day one, or he will sink...along with the country..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections