Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually I did hear the recordings and if you actually listen close that's not what was said.
If you listen closely, and objectively, it was said. If you don't want to hear it, well, then, you won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you listen closely, and objectively, it was said. If you don't want to hear it, well, then, you won't.
Or visa versa...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or visa versa...
The difference being how many people heard it when they played the tape on the nightly news.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
is caving a backwards B into a face of a McCain supporter disrespectful?
That was a hoax!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Back to the OP, I do have to say this has got to be the most disrespectful election I've had the unfortunate honor of being witness to. This is on BOTH sides and is highly disgusting.
I can't believe how much citizens are fighting each other, the things people have and are saying to and about each other and the general disregard for civility or common decency that exists.
All these people are you're neighbors,friends,co-workers and (hopefully) citizens of the same country YOU live in.
If we can't have a civil discourse between ourselves how can we expect our officials to be any better?
If we keep fighting amongst ourselves then isn't that just playing into the hands of people who want us distracted so they can slip in whatever they wish?
We should demand better, we should demand an honest news media like existed many years ago. We deserve better than we're getting from the media AND each other.
I say we should shun the disrespectful, totally ignore and insulate those that rabble rowse and wish to create anarchy for anarchy's sake. We've seen them in Seattle and most other major cities like during the Republican Convention. I agree with the right to protest but anarchy cannot be tolorated by a civilized nation.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM

You know, I was watching CNN last night and a commentator was talking abouat the vile things said when John Adams was running for president against Thomas Jefferson. These two signers of the Declaration of Independence really went after each other. This is nothing new!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The LIBERAL media is portraying that the McCAIN camp and its supporters are bad but in reality those videos are from LIBERAL plants videotaping their co-conspirators who are pretending to be McCAIN supporters.

Don't BELIEVE any videos from the McCAIN camp that places the MCCAIN ticket in a bad light. Those are videotaped by OBAMA supporters who are pretending to be MCCAIN supporters. .
Okay, people, the McPalinites have officially gone OFF THE DEEP END.

ShoppingcartLaw, I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry that you have to buy into these lies in order to hang on to some phony respect for your very disrespectful candidate.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I was watching CNN last night and a commentator was talking abouat the vile things said when John Adams was running for president against Thomas Jefferson. These two signers of the Declaration of Independence really went after each other. This is nothing new!
Ma! Ma! Who's my Pa!

Presidential campaigns have been down and dirty since John Adams ran, and they've been prolific with rumors, scandals, and libel.

What's interesting is if a specific candidate is the target, or when a political party gets targeted? When it's a specific candidate, that person tends to be very dynamic and thus polarizing. Less dynamic candidates don't merit the personal attacks, and the focus is shifted. It's pretty clear this time around who the dynamic candidates have been, and who has been less dynamic.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM

"Old Abe Lincoln came out of the wilderness". We may not think of Illinois as the wilderness, but it was when Lincoln ran for president, and he was mocked for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections