Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
If you'll keep your legs closed or use protection you won't have anything to worry about.
I understand that but you do know that no form of birth control is 100 percent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
I also agree about the checks and balances and if Obama gets in, there will be none. All of you saw what can and will happen when one party controls everything in DC. I realize that everyone, including me, is very upset with Bush and the Republicans because of all they did, but do you honestly think the best thing for this country is to just to have the other party be able to do the same things.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:28 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Well, Michigan is not the only state in this country. Sorry to tell you but there are intelligent people everywhere in this country. It is not anyone's fault because you wish to say otherwise, even though it is not true. I can show you people that are not intelligent that live in New York and all over CA. So what? I also know plenty of people who happen to be intelligent in Kansas, MO, NM and many other states and countries. Please get something truthful to post.
Well, you are the one that brought states into it. Maher's comments were directed toward small-town white working class people, wherever they are.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:28 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiccanways View Post
Anyone remember Hurricane Katrina and Bush's response to it? After that crap, I knew the Republicans were after one thing..and one thing only..oil.
I live on the gulf coast, the President has little to do with what happens on the ground. I notice you don't seem to blame Kathleen Blanco or Ray Nagin.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:29 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Quote:
If you'll keep your legs closed or use protection you won't have anything to worry about.
That's funny. Maybe you need to call Sarah Palin and share that with her.

But on the other hand, what about rape?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I realize that everyone, including me, is very upset with Bush and the Republicans because of all they did, but do you honestly think the best thing for this country is to just to have the other party be able to do the same things.
In this case, yes. The Republicans need to be so thoroughly thrashed and wiped out that they find a decent platform and some decent candidates. Ron Paul was the only sane and honest man on the dais at any of their debates. A few years of total political exile might get them to re-examine their priorities, just like they had from 1977-1981 before Reagan, a relatively decent president, came into office.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Wait a minute.....didn't McCain say he was against federal government mandatory children's health care? Isn't that because mandatory children's health care is already in place in each state as a state run program? He just didn't agree with it being taken from the federal pocketbook. Am I wrong here? Honestly, that is the way I understood it, if someone can show me it is different than I took it, I would like to read it.
Thank you in advance.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
I also agree about the checks and balances and if Obama gets in, there will be none. All of you saw what can and will happen when one party controls everything in DC. I realize that everyone, including me, is very upset with Bush and the Republicans because of all they did, but do you honestly think the best thing for this country is to just to have the other party be able to do the same things.
I am very upset with Bush. Yes, I am young and this is my first election I am voting in but the policies and the way I see the Republican party run makes me worried.

This is why I believe the Democratic Party should stand up and take control of whatever has gone haywire in Washington.

Don't get me wrong here folks. I love America and completely support you voting for who you believe in even if I cannot understand why you would vote Republican?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I live on the gulf coast, the President has little to do with what happens on the ground. I notice you don't seem to blame Kathleen Blanco or Ray Nagin.
It's up to citizens of Lousiana and New Orleans to judge the performances of Blanco and Nagin, respectively, and to vote accordingly. It's up to all of us to judge the performance of Bush.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
That's funny. Maybe you need to call Sarah Palin and share that with her.

But on the other hand, what about rape?
I don't see Sarah Palin asking for an abortion.

I believe in the case of rape it should be allowed, as long as the person doesn't wait too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections