Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
I'm sure that ACORN is for McCain right?
Over 200,000 fake voters in Ohio, because of Obama's group Acorn.. So I guess that's ok with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You mean like the over 4,000 felons that voted in FLA last election, some of which are still in prison. Bet they voted early to avoid the lines...lol.
200,000 fake voters? Please provide a link to the source to substantiate this claim. I'm certain we're equally interested in the 4000 felon claim as well, particularly when a professional who provides data and statistics makes it. I'm not certain when the last Florida Election was; however, if 4000 folks voted illegally it will certainly be interesting to understand how the election law was circumvented, and if safeguards are now in place to prevent such a thing from recurring.

Do you believe that voter fraud poses a threat to the validity of American elections?

"No. No threat.
The statistics bear me out. From 2002 to 2005 only one person was found guilty of registration fraud. Twenty people were found guilty of voting while ineligible and five people were found guilty of voting more than once. That’s 26 criminal voters -- voters who vote twice, impersonate other people, vote without being a resident -- the voters that Republicans warn about. Meanwhile thousands of people are getting turned away at the polls."
SOURCE

Under the “Voting Rights Act of 1965,” the Department of Justice’s Voting Section is legally bound to stop “voting practices and procedures ... that discriminate on the basis of race, color or membership in a language minority group.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
2008 Early Voting
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.c...c0MTc0MTA3OWM=

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I don't care about the 21 months, I care more about everything before that time and what I found, I didn't like.
and they are all lies, deceptions, and exagerated propaganda from the GOP. You would think after 8 years of this shi_ people wouldnt be so gullible in falling for the same GOP politics that has deceived us for the past 8 years. What does it take to get it through people heads?

Last edited by gsoboi; 10-27-2008 at 06:45 AM..

Old 10-27-2008, 06:42 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
With all the ACORN charges, I will not be voting early. I would be afraid some of these votes will have to turn out not to count when the fraud is discovered. I prefer to wait and vote with my neighbors.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
After reading the stupidity of some on this board, I have finally figured out why Bush was able to be elected 2 terms.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
After reading the stupidity of some on this board, I have finally figured out why Bush was able to be elected 2 terms.
I have to agree with you. The same people who will be voting for Obama are probably many of the same people who voted for Bush. Instead of thinking for themselves, they go with the voting trend. I didn't vote for Bush either time he ran. I didn't think he would make a good president. I am voting for McCain this time, because I don't think Obama will make a good president. Maybe some of the voters should vote with me instead of voting with the trend.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Nooooooooo please don't ask them to explain! Just lets all get out and vote and chat about early voting and forget all about those mysterious mysteries in mystery land.... I'm begging you!
Ha, I agree ! I just skip over the weird conspiracy theory posts...

I'd rather read mystery novels...

Voted Saturday, go Obama! May you fare better than my Tampa Bay Rays.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is exactly what I have been thinking. He sure is pushing this early voting before the last shoe might drop.
You mean that shoe that many on City-Data have been promising for four months? You only have four more days until your time for an "October Surprise" has passoed .

Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that the most intriguing statistic of the early voting in this state is how many people are voting 3rd party. there are some smart people out there!
voting third party in NC actually hurts McCain because here in Greensboro the only 3rd party candidate on the ballot was Bob Barr. He is notorious for stealing away republican votes. If such a large voting block voted for the Bob Barr, that tells me alot of republicans voted for him. (repubs that dont want four more years of Bush policies but are not confident in Obama) Bob Barr could easily become the spoiler for the GOP in NC the way Raplh Nadar was the spoiler for the democrats in Florida back in 2000. Most agree that if Ralph Nadar had not run, Al Gore would have been president. (which means we would not have been in the economic mess we are in today) The more people vote for Obama and Bob Barr, the better chances for Obama taking North Carolina on November 4th Because a vote for Bob Barr is actually a vote for Barack Obama.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
voting third party in NC actually hurts McCain because here in Greensboro the only 3rd party candidate on the ballot was Bob Barr. He is notorious for stealing away republican votes. If such a large voting block voted for the Bob Barr, that tells me alot of republicans voted for him. (repubs that dont want four more years of Bush policies but are not confident in Obama) Bob Barr could easily become the spoiler for the GOP in NC the way Raplh Nadar was the spoiler for the democrats in Florida back in 2000. Most agree that if Ralph Nadar had not run, Al Gore would have been president. The more people vote for Obama and Bob Barr, the better chances for Obama taking North Carolina on November 4th.
Looks like Bob Barr could have a significant result on Georgia's outcome as well. If you look at the numbers on Pollster.com he still has a fairly significant polling ratio which tightens the race in an interesting way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections