Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Interview in Florida! I thought it was hillarious when the news person asked him if Obama was a marxist and he got that deer in the headlights look and the best he could come up with was a palin like response "are you serious"?
Then came the second question and again the deer in the headlights look and a "who wrote those questions" like she's too dumb to come up with them herself? Way to go Joe
Then the campaign tells the network in so many words "you'll never get our canidates again"!
Why is that? Is it because good ole Joe wasn't thrown a softball by a MSM station?
Before all the obamacons get all revved up this is no different then when Katie (I'm hanging on to my job by a thread) Couric played "gotcha" with Sarah and gave her the deer in the headlights questions.

As for the MSM being in the tank for Obama, I've yet to see this Biden interview shown on any MSM news but you saw the Couric/Pailn interview many times.
What happened to fair play and HONEST news reporting of yesteryear?
I just saw our election office is now open for early voting so I guess it's time to go sharpen the pencil and write in for Ron Paul since there's no "none of the above" choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
I thought Biden's response was completely appropriate. They were one-sided questions and Biden called the reporter out on it. No one needed to come to Biden's aid. Biden 2, Reporter 0.

If Katie asked the same kind of questions (which I don't believe she did - what do you read? is such a zinger!), Sarah should have responded like Biden did. Instead, she needed McCain to come sit with her in a follow-up interview for clarification. Couric 2, Palin 0.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Not even Hannity would ask such stupid questions, of course he was surprised by the newswoman's stupidity.

There's already several topics on this subject though.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Isn't that sad ... the Obama/Biden ticket actually got a hard question and they cracked.

Didn't Barbara West get the memo she was suppose to ask question about "What's your favorite cookie?" "Are you happy with your hair plugs?" etc.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,447 times
Both of you are delusional, Biden answered her questions as directly as possible and did NOT run away from the interview, he simply isn't allowing them to interview his wife. HIS WIFE. How many interviews has Sarah Palin's husband done? I haven't seen any, and to be completely honest, I don't give a damn what he has to say. I'm not voting for wives and family members of the candidates, I'm voting for the candidates themselves.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I loved Biden's answer "is this a joke?" Kind of sums up McPalin's last gasp at the finish line. Yes, it is a joke ... a sad sad pathetic joke.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Isn't that sad ... the Obama/Biden ticket actually got a hard question and they cracked.

Didn't Barbara West get the memo she was suppose to ask question about "What's your favorite cookie?" "Are you happy with your hair plugs?" etc.
They were not hard questions, they were stupid questions.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Both of you are delusional, Biden answered her questions as directly as possible and did NOT run away from the interview, he simply isn't allowing them to interview his wife. HIS WIFE. How many interviews has Sarah Palin's husband done? I haven't seen any, and to be completely honest, I don't give a damn what he has to say. I'm not voting for wives and family members of the candidates, I'm voting for the candidates themselves.
While YOU haven't seen an interview with Sarah's husband he's done em...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
I agree Biden answered the questions clearly and directly after reacting to them. The reason Palin made the news was because her answers were anything but clear and direct. The bailout is "helps those who are concerned about health care reform"?? What, Sarah?? "Putin rears his head"? WHAT??!!

It was an embarrassment. That's why it got MSM coverage.

As for asking the anchor "who wrote these questions," it's entirely appropriate. Most talking heads do not write their own questions. And often even follow-up questions are fed to them through an earpiece-- someone in a control room who isn't attractive or camera friendly may be doing all the thinking.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Here's a great mash up of snippets from the inteview along with her "probing questions" of Mccain.

YouTube - Barbara West's Audition Reel For Faux News Channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections