Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would most likely continue to read 'The Pet Goat', like Bush,after a plane has hit the Twin Towe
McCain 8 16.00%
Obama 13 26.00%
What a lie - Bush can't read! 9 18.00%
McCain would defer to Sarah, who would read 'Kill the Pet Goat' 20 40.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
This poll gets my "Official Stupidest Poll Ever" award hands-down!!!!

I agree with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elorocks17 View Post
why nobama of course---why stop reading when your plan comes to fruition?
ouch!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:55 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Who would most likely continue to read 'The Pet Goat', like Bush,after a plane has hit the Twin Towers, McCain or Obama?

I just don't see Obama reading a book about a pet goat since his family in Kenya is in the goat herder business, wink, wink.

The Kenya Connection (Obama Supports Islamo-Commie Cousin's attempt to overthrow Gov. of Kenya)

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
How long do you think he continued to read and what could he have actually done any diferent if he left immediately. I am sure he was instructed how to proceed by Secret Service. That is their job, to protect him. They might have been preparing a safe exit from that building. This is just such a petty thing to criticize during that time.
It was his call to enter into the classroom AFTER seeing the first plane hit the Twin Towers. If the Secret Service thought he was in danger, they would have taken him out of the school before he went into the 6th grade classroom. Do you really want a Commander in Chief who needs to be instructed what to do when he sees the country under attack? The Whitehouse had been preparing for months for a terrorist attack by plane, then he sees a jetliner crash into the Towers, says 'what a terrible pilot', then decides to read the 'The Pet Goat'. What a joke of a president!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
It was his call to enter into the classroom AFTER seeing the first plane hit the Twin Towers. If the Secret Service thought he was in danger, they would have taken him out of the school before he went into the 6th grade classroom. Do you really want a Commander in Chief who needs to be instructed what to do when he sees the country under attack? The Whitehouse had been preparing for months for a terrorist attack by plane, then he sees a jetliner crash into the Towers, says 'what a terrible pilot', then decides to read the 'The Pet Goat'. What a joke of a president!

Good grief. First off he was told it was a small commuter plane. The first plane hit at 8:46:40 am Bush was notified at 8:55 pm at 9:03:11 the second plane hit. So that leaves a total of 8 minutes before he excused himself.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Good grief. First off he was told it was a small commuter plane. The first plane hit at 8:46:40 am Bush was notified at 8:55 pm at 9:03:11 the second plane hit. So that leaves a total of 8 minutes before he excused himself.

You do not know what you are talking about.
I don't know what I am talking about? That's a laugh. You obviouslt don't even know what your beloved president said about that day. Well, read it and weep.

"I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower — the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident."

George W. Bush - Wikiquote

Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That is the most assinine post I've read yet today.....BTW...ELO has got to be the gayest band ever.It looks like a supporter of a gay band would be a bit more tolerant and liberal in their world views.(now my post ranks right in there with ELO's)
No, now your post is just filed away in "had nothing to say so had to say something assinine".

Do/did you have a point?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I don't know what I am talking about? That's a laugh. You obviouslt don't even know what your beloved president said about that day. Well, read it and weep.

"I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower — the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident."

George W. Bush - Wikiquote
wikiquote? What the heck is that?

Is there any other source? Like CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, etc?

And by the way, JUST incase you didn't notice, Bush isn't running for POTUS tomorrow.

Get over it.

I'm just wondering why this huge quote of GWB's wasn't used against him during the '04 election and didn't make the front page news of any reliable source? If it did, please show it to me. I can't find anything?

Last edited by JerseyG; 11-03-2008 at 09:45 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICvegan View Post
Funny...I re-read what I had written and cannot see where I mentioned blazing hair and running out of a room.

He could have easily excused himself. Children are not nitwits. They can handle it if an adult needs to leave. The teacher could have taken over that book that you seem to feel was important to get to the "the end" page. I taught young children for over ten years and am working with them again now...it's amazing how you can stop a book and tell the kids, "Let's finish this later because______" Even telling them that you have to go to the bathroom works.
Noone said you did. Reading comprehension 101.

You are correct. Children are NOT nitwits. So why scare the crap out of them?

But yeah, if you had to excuse yourself to pick a wedgie...different issue. How much preparation went into the visit to the school? How AWARE were the kids when it came down to WHO was reading them that stupid book?
On any given day in your classroom, do you have news cameras, secret service and the like roaming around?

No. You don't. And most likely, after you excuse yourself to go pick your underwear out of your butt, the country isn't going to be under attack either.

Apples and oranges. As an educator, you should get the difference.

And not only that...what could 10 minutes or 15 minutes have changed? let alone 8? What's PROTOCOL when the USA is under attack? Put the Prez out there? In the limelight? Worst-case scenario is that GWB shaved 8 minutes off of him getting his behind in some bunker somewhere.

So get over it.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
wikiquote? What the heck is that?

Is there any other source? Like CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, etc?

And by the way, JUST incase you didn't notice, Bush isn't running for POTUS tomorrow.

Get over it.

I'm just wondering why this huge quote of GWB's wasn't used against him during the '04 election and didn't make the front page news of any reliable source? If it did, please show it to me. I can't find anything?
God, you won't be satisfied unless you see Bush himself say it right? Ok, here it is.

YouTube - Bush Caught Lying About September 11th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections