Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 AM

703 posts, read 856,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
don't worry man. His new health care plan will allow you to remain in prescribed state of bliss.

It's all good.
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,426,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Well this is obviously very hard to say but the election has been lost. I believe our next POTUS will be Barack Obama. Don't get me wrong, I can't stomach that fact, but the election is over. I don't like that fact but I will have to face it for the next four, or possibly eight years and try and stomach that. I've held my faith in God and tried to be supportive and faithful McCain would win...but I would now like to ask my fellow republican/conservatives/McCain supporters to join me that feel the same way and lets come together and look forward to another race in 2012.

Also I would like to congratulate the democrats for winning and offer a handshake. Gosh I can't stand saying this but I have to be sincere and honest.
Hold on big guy, until you know is singing, it's not over....

Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,184,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I will shake your hand and give you a warm embrace as well. We all may have differing political views, but as long as you're not a racist, I accept the differences. Perhaps you should use the opportunity to question and reject your own personal ideology, one that led you to pick the inferior candidate here.

Great for you to recognize and acknowledge the inevitable. If you're smart, you will go out and vote for the superior candidate in Obama and be on the right side of this historical moment. He beat a heavily favored Hillary and McCain for a reason.

The race IS indeed over despite claims by the conservative desperados here. There will be no positive moments for the GOP in 2012 either.
People like you are why some are so turned off by Obama and his cult like followers. Why would someone who is supporting McCain have to reassess their ideology and change it? Why do you think you are the only one that has the right ideology? There is more than just your view and your ideology is not the only one that could possibly be right. How pretentious are you?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,636,557 times
I am an American and will always be proud of the country I live in and the country that gave me the opportunity to get to where I am today. If Obama does win, I will still be proud of the country I live in. However, I will be ashamed of my President and embarassed by him and the stupid Americans who elected him our leader. He will be the president of the country I live in, but will not be my leader and I will show him no respect or honor, but rather treat him as the disgrace that he is.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 AM

703 posts, read 856,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I am an American and will always be proud of the country I live in and the country that gave me the opportunity to get to where I am today. If Obama does win, I will still be proud of the country I live in. However, I will be ashamed of my President and embarassed by him and the stupid Americans who elected him our leader. He will be the president of the country I live in, but will not be my leader and I will show him no respect or honor, but rather treat him as the disgrace that he is.
I wish you didn't think he was a disgrace.

He's not perfect and I'd never say he was. I just wish you'd give him a chance to prove himself before you condemn him

Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,480,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
I wish you didn't think he was a disgrace.

He's not perfect and I'd never say he was. I just wish you'd give him a chance to prove himself before you condemn him

Hell, I even was behind Bush after 9-11.

Then he went into Iraq.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Hell, I even was behind Bush after 9-11.

Then he went into Iraq.
I base my "disgrace" term on what I know about him and what I believe to be true. You do not have to agree with me. You are entitled to your opinion of him and I respect that.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 AM

858 posts, read 2,238,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I understand you would feel this way because that is what I felt when Bush was elected twice. I guess it's time for you Republicans to feel what we felt.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
I understand you would feel this way because that is what I felt when Bush was elected twice. I guess it's time for you Republicans to feel what we felt.
Thank you for understanding how I feel. However, it is not over until it is over. Polls have been wrong before. We will see.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 AM

117 posts, read 168,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Well this is obviously very hard to say but the election has been lost. I believe our next POTUS will be Barack Obama. Don't get me wrong, I can't stomach that fact, but the election is over. I don't like that fact but I will have to face it for the next four, or possibly eight years and try and stomach that. I've held my faith in God and tried to be supportive and faithful McCain would win...but I would now like to ask my fellow republican/conservatives/McCain supporters to join me that feel the same way and lets come together and look forward to another race in 2012.

Also I would like to congratulate the democrats for winning and offer a handshake. Gosh I can't stand saying this but I have to be sincere and honest.
Please say this is an early April Fools joke?

Seriously, giving up now? And the polls are SO close... WOW, this is another problem with America, they give up too fast. STOP WATCHING CNN, sir. Follow your heart and don't give up faith just because it seems like the popular vote is against him, there is a lot of bias against McCain right now, but the truth is slowly leaking out.

But seriously, don't give up. Don't listen to liberal media either, who airs stories where 70% are negative towards McCain -_-*

You have to remember that Republicans tend the be the silent party, most of which don't express their opinions on the candidates, for fear of being bashed by the overly opinionated Democrats (seen it happen way to often). Little do they know there a few out there like me who are well rehearsed on their information of the candidates and can throw an argument back at them

It's not popular to do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections