Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times

Advertisements

.......and 99.2% of all the places you stop, would be McCain country. Doesn't that bother you? Now don't get me wrong here, I realize people vote and not places, but it does really tell you something about the political makeup of this country.

Aside from a few very liberal inner city areas across this great land, the rest is all moderate or conservative.

Remember that left wing whack job liberals next time you venture out across this great land. You know us folks who cling to our guns and religion? We occupy 99.2% of the land mass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
.......and 99.2% of all the places you stop, would be McCain country. Doesn't that bother you? Now don't get me wrong here, I realize people vote and not places, but it does really tell you something about the political makeup of this country.

Aside from a few very liberal inner city areas across this great land, the rest is all moderate or conservative.

Remember that left wing whack job liberals next time you venture out across this great land. You know us folks who cling to our guns and religion? We occupy 99.2% of the land mass!
Libs fly..We don't want to see all that scuttle..

Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Libs fly..We don't want to see all that scuttle..
How very tolerant of you.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 PM

658 posts, read 1,785,560 times
Quote:

Why the need to cause so much division between red and blue areas? I may not have much in common with people in small towns, but I'm not going to call them whack jobs or belittle them because they don't agree with me about the issues.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
are you bragging that republicans are illerterate inbred rednecks?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
That's the problem I have with the red state/blue state theory. Many red states are red by a very small percentage, and the same goes for blue states. To characterize a state as conservative or liberal based on a 52%/48% split is ridiculous. It's very simplistic for those who are very simple minded.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
99.2% of the entire land mass of the U.S.?

OK

Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 PM

307 posts, read 715,584 times
Quote:

Where did you get that statistic and what does it have to do with anything? Except for the very liberal inner city? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
How very tolerant of you.
THanks..CarolinaCowboy is not to be tolerated.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,381 times
Quote:
We occupy 99.2% of the land mass!
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/countymapredbluelarge.png (broken link)

That's 2004. Sure doesn't look like 99.2% of the land mass to me! Not even 99.2% of the occupied land mass!

For that matter, it looks as if 30% of the land in the U.S. is owned by the federal government. That only leaves 69.44% for you folks - and that's excluding trust land, state land, county land, and city land.

This map has percentage, by state, of land owned by the feds:
http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.c...s_the_west.jpg

And... I suspect the county map for the 2008 election will look just the weest bit different.

But rest assured, when I drive in your part of the world, I WILL be careful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections