Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So, what the heck's gonna happen to Sarah Palin now?
She’ll continue to serve future terms as Governor of Alaska. 39 26.00%
She’ll fade into obscurity. 27 18.00%
She’ll continue to be the butt of political jokes for the foreseeable future. 40 26.67%
She’ll soon be forgotten. 24 16.00%
She’ll move up in the political world. 15 10.00%
She’ll run in 2012. 12 8.00%
She’ll have a future in national politics. 18 12.00%
She’ll be the face of the Republican party. 5 3.33%
She’ll be thrown under the bus by McCain and/or the Republicans. 31 20.67%
None of the above/Don’t know/Other 8 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
she will be the future of the Republican party, perhaps she could run for president next time, yes it is possitive she will move up in the political world.
She lost as a VP candidate and many of the voters contemplated the possibility that she could have ended up as the president in the event of McCain's death.

She lost.

So why would they want to run her again? A great many Americans, including many Republicans, regard her as being an airhead-ditz. For 2012 they need to find someone who had nothing to do with this campaign. Maybe Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Nope your jealousies are very descriptive.
What is there to be jealous of? I've been wondering that for awhile. Just because you want to be someone doesn't mean others feel the same way.

I have always been jealous of Sarah Brightman because she sings a hell of a lot better than I do.
I'm jealous of Ani DiFranco because I've tried and tried to play the guitar and I'm awful at it. And she's phenomenal.
I'm a little jealous of Portia de Rossi for being with Ellen Degeneres (lol).
I'm jealous of a lot of contemporary poets because I've read quite a few who are doing things I don't think I'm capable of doing.

Not jealous of Palin. Don't want her intellect, her husband, her children, her perspectives, her life...any of that. Definitely don't want the fame. And I'm not sure why you keep insisting that those who can't stand her are jealous. Sounds childish to me.

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Nope your jealousies are very descriptive.
*L* You are still using that jealousy thing.

Surely you could come up with something better after all this time. Now go away little man, and try and think of something new and remotely accurate.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
The American people will elect Sarah Louise Palin the 45th President of the United States in 2012 by a very strong margin, whereupon she will begin undoing the considerable damage brought upon it by Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, and restore the United States to its former greatness. But it might be too late to save our best ally in the world, Israel.
Most of the damage has already been done--by George Bush.

What do you think Palin will do? Turn the nation into an Iranian-styled Christian theocracy?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
What is there to be jealous of? I've been wondering that for awhile. Just because you want to be someone doesn't mean others feel the same way.

I have always been jealous of Sarah Brightman because she sings a hell of a lot better than I do.
I'm jealous of Ani DiFranco because I've tried and tried to play the guitar and I'm awful at it. And she's phenomenal.
I'm a little jealous of Portia de Rossi for being with Ellen Degeneres (lol).
I'm jealous of a lot of contemporary poets because I've read quite a few who are doing things I don't think I'm capable of doing.

Not jealous of Palin. Don't want her intellect, her husband, her children, her perspectives, her life...any of that. Definitely don't want the fame. And I'm not sure why you keep insisting that those who can't stand her are jealous. Sounds childish to me.
Because normal people who are not jealous have no reason after she was not elected to continue to obsess over her.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 PM

217 posts, read 292,563 times
All of thee above

Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*L* You are still using that jealousy thing.

Surely you could come up with something better after all this time. Now go away little man, and try and think of something new and remotely accurate.
If she was not elected why do you still continue to focus on her? It's called obsession and obsession is the offspring of jealousy. Attacking me will never change that in you.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-05-2008 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyNJ View Post
Why do so many of you hate her so much? What has she done to you? I am sure a lot of you are white, so why so many whites hate a white woman to such extent, and at the same time you worship a new black president like God? I used to live in a communist country (so you know I am not white), now I feel like a new Chairman Mao has been created, so sad.
Remember--she wanted to impose religious dictatorship on secular Americans. She would transform the nation into a Christian theocracy if she had the chance. (Kind of like communism--dictating to people what they can and cannot do for the good of some higher power--in this cas a religion instead of the state.)

Regarding statism, I hope that you're more upset about the bailout and purchase of financial institutions--all done with the Republicans in power and in the White House. You might not like the idea of CEOs who've fleeced investors and companies having to pay higher taxes instead of being able to buy two yachts (and not just one), but you might enjoy the small tax break you're going to get and any incidental improvement in the nation's economy. (Don't worry, all of that redistributed wealth will just trickle it's way back up to the wealthy class anyway.)

Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
If she was elected why do you still continue to focus on her? It's called obsession and obsession is the offspring of jealousy. Attacking me will never change that in you.
So you are saying that Bill O'Reilly and Fox News are jealous of Palin as well? Is that why they continue talking about her?

Do you see the absence of logic in your argument? Although I do enjoy that, according to your "reasoning," your continued need to defend Palin shows obsession as well. Why are you jealous Big Jon? All looky and no touchy got you frustrated when it comes to Palin. Jealous of her husband, are you?

And I enjoy the Freudian slip in your post above. *L*

Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM

404 posts, read 561,056 times
She'll beat golden bs'er in 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections