Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times

Advertisements

Guess it will have o be one of these dogs:

Hypoallergenic dog breeds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You make a great point. I do volunteer work at our local shelter and black cats and black dogs are the hardest to place. People say it is because they can't see the animal's "expression" as good on a black animal. Whatever, it is heartbreaking to see so many wonderful, healthy, loving animals go their whole lives without having a loving home. People PLEASE have your animals spade or neutered.
LML, I was just going to post about black cats and dogs. Our cats are always adopted or strays and can't remember when I haven't had a black cat. There are still some people superstitious about adopting a black cat. Our neighbor has a Labradoodle and he is a good dog with kids. I am a terrier lover myself, especially Airedales, and would like to see a Airdale mix in the White House.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:52 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Remember that one line from Dumb and Dumber? What do you get when you mix a bulldog with...

Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It would be nice if they'd adopt from a shelter.
I predict, in suitable Liberal fashion, they will NOT adopt from a shelter...that's just what everyone else is supposed to do.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Considering the genetic makeup of most any american as well. I have no less then 5 different ethnicities myself.
Remember --- mutts are smarter and healthier then the inbred purebloods!
I have no problem with mixed breed dogs, as long as people don't celebrate one genetic source (ethnicity) to the exclusion of all the others. It is hypocritical to brag that your dog is a black lab, and omit the fact that it is 50% Golden retriever.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I predict, in suitable Liberal fashion, they will NOT adopt from a shelter...that's just what everyone else is supposed to do.
Excuse me?

All three of my dogs are rescues, two from county shelters and one from a large no-kill organization Two of the three were puppies when I adopted them, and one of those was a pure-bred Siberian Husky.

Unless a person is planning to show their dog, there is absolutely no reason to buy from a breeder when there are so many wonderful, adoptable dogs out there and we liberal do-gooders actually do volunteer at, adopt from and support rescue organizations.

I am sure that the Obama family will find exactly the right puppy for them, if not from a shelter per se, then perhaps from one of the hundreds of specific breed rescue organizations and whatever they pick will be the best dog ever as far as those precious little girls are concerned.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:27 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Oh NO!! They are going to jump all over you for saying that!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,211 times
I hope they adopt a shih tzu. Good for people with allergies and they pop up in shelters all the time.

Also, gentlearts, liberals adopt from shelters too

Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 AM

144 posts, read 158,664 times
I think a grey hound is best suited for Obama since he is also boney looking.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Smile Maybe a black shar-pei?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Evidently, Barack Obama has promised his daughters a new puppy for when they move into the White House. What breed will they get?
They are hypo-allergenic and very devoted to family. I have three!.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections