Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:02 AM

355 posts, read 555,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh. My. God.

I think you need to quit while you're ahead there, sunshine. Or behind. (Re-read your words above until you understand this.)

KsStorm: Your little one is adorable. I too am at home due to having a special needs child (autism). PM me any time, 'k? Hugs your way.
I didn't say my grammer had to be correct. Just theirs. Well, is it after midnight perhaps I should start over tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post
ksstorm,
I can't rep you because I have already. So...
Bless you. My sister has cp. Luckly she has a mild form, but it was tough for her growing up. Our friends have a grown daughter who has a severe form of cp. It's hard, but her parents formed a support group and started a business taking special needs kids to camp and on cruises. I can't even imagine. My sister now has four children and two grandchildren. She didn't have the resources growing up that your Gavin does. She made it and so will he. He has you and you love him he loves you so forget everything for a little while except for that marvelous smile he has. He is adorable.
Thank you,& thanks to everyone else. I always worry about posting his pics online,due to all the Weirdos out there, but I try to think positive,and think that there are more good people than bad in the world. I have learned that most people know nothing about cerebral palsy,& think it is an inherited or genetic condition. Actually, CP is a brain INJURY, usually caused by loss of oxygen to the brain at birth,or due to another type of brain injury.
In Gavin's case,he has really gone far,& we pray every day that he will continue to surprise us. We are really hoping that he will be able to walk by his 2nd Birthday which is June 14,2009.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:54 AM

355 posts, read 555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Thank you,& thanks to everyone else. I always worry about posting his pics online,due to all the Weirdos out there, but I try to think positive,and think that there are more good people than bad in the world. I have learned that most people know nothing about cerebral palsy,& think it is an inherited or genetic condition. Actually, CP is a brain INJURY, usually caused by loss of oxygen to the brain at birth,or due to another type of brain injury.
In Gavin's case,he has really gone far,& we pray every day that he will continue to surprise us. We are really hoping that he will be able to walk by his 2nd Birthday which is June 14,2009.
My sister didn't walk until after she had surgery when she was three. But once she did she never looked back. She had casts on both legs and would tear around the house like crazy. I think today they would use physical therapy to achieve the same result. It won't be easy but It will get better.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 AM

998 posts, read 1,514,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Crazy zealots. Can you believe some of them are actually talking about succeeding from the US to Utah & Alaska?? REAL American of them,eh?
Can we rename them Tribe-Near-Big-Salty-Water and Maverickistan?

Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Check your dictionary. I don't think you can "succeed" from the US.
Post #9 on this thread. Do we really need spelling police? 51

Old 11-09-2008, 06:45 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
a better title:

Marxist elected president - RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Everything you amuse about and accuse, liberal leftists have done the same the last 8 years.And is not because he is black,it is because he is a liberal
LIBERAL LIBERAL LIBERAL. These right wing neo cons sound like a broken record. After all the damage they've done you'd think they'd take stock of their own bankrupt policies instead of whining about liberals. When liberals take over there peace & prosperity when right wing neo cons take over there's war and poverty.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
a better title:

Marxist elected president - RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
Better title:
Character assassins, dividers and fear mongers lose, REJOICE!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Post #9 on this thread. Do we really need spelling police? 51
We need spelling police and fact checkers if Sarah Palin's in the house.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:21 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Canada's full of liberals and godless homosexuals, haven't you heard?
Grass is not greener somewhere else...and stop with the black man...he's bi-racial...and proud of it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections