Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Actually, it is all over the Net. By the way, that's a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
I TOTALLY agree with you on *that* appointment!! He would be perfect for the job --- (or Hillary, per chance?) He's gotta give at least *one* of those Clintons *something* for all their campaigning on his behalf... Maybe Bill at the UN? Perfect! Right there in New York and he did make such headway on the Israeli/Palestinian situation..
(BTW I was not a Clinton supporter)
I think Bill would be excellent at the U.N. but I really doubt he would take it.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Anyone want to take bets on how long before Rahm backs out again?

You know just this AM he was on the news saying he didn't think he would accept the position now that he has a family...

Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Figures the Dems wouldn't have any interest in staying in power...

This is a centrist country..... Towing the party line is not going to cut it anymore..
I would venture that we are a center-left society now. Our demographics have changed. Party affiliation has changed, especially with the younger generation. I think that shift is here to stay unless the Republicans drastically change their message. The Republican party has been, thus far, unable to change with the times.

If anyone needs to shift, it's the Republicans who still believe our society leans right.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:57 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post

Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
No, Rahm has Barry's back. He is by far the best person for this job who has ever held the position.

Rahm is one scary mofo. You want him on your team, no on anyone else's.
Rahm Emmanuel is a foul mouthed p***k. An irate former ballerina who probably enjoys beating up little old ladies, he is a true Chicago Politican, happiest when he is backstroking his way through a cesspool along with his fellow power brokers of the city of S***cago. In short, he is perfect for BO.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Rahm Emmanuel is a foul mouthed p***k. An irate former ballerina who probably enjoys beating up little old ladies, he is a true Chicago Politican, happiest when he is backstroking his way through a cesspool along with his fellow power brokers of the city of S***cago. In short, he is perfect for BO.
I like it.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM

553 posts, read 837,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I would venture that we are a center-left society now. Our demographics have changed. Party affiliation has changed, especially with the younger generation. I think that shift is here to stay unless the Republicans drastically change their message. The Republican party has been, thus far, unable to change with the times.

If anyone needs to shift, it's the Republicans who still believe our society leans right.

I wouldn't be too sure about that... Don't discount the "Bush Effect" here... Also, the other items which were on the ballots were pretty much all voted toward the right.. I think that's pretty indicitive... yes, people wanted a change from Bush and the Repubs... But does that mean their values have changed that much??... It's best not to assume too much...

70% of the African American vote was against Prop 8......

I think we were a center right country.. Now we are probably more centrist, as I said....

If the Dems overstate the ground they have gained and misjudge the current of public opinion they can undermine Obama as a leader and ruin this golden Opp. for all.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I think he's exactly what America needs at this point in time. Some of the most effective cops are criminal minded; some of the best political operatives in the Democratic Party are just as crazy as the ones in the Republican Party.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I think Bill would be excellent at the U.N. but I really doubt he would take it.
Maybe you're right - but I also suspect he must miss being right in the center of politics, both domestic and international. I think he'd be wonderful at the job - and most of the world still admires him. Wonder who else Obama will choose for his cabinet? That should probably be its own thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections