Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,536,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
should I have typed SEMI? probably Im not a gun freak, what do I know. I own 2 guns, probably antiques by now. a regular 22 and a regular old shotgun.
and, whats more.. I didnt type he was killed in the line of duty, did I?
Do me a favor, go get those two firearms out, find the model numbers on them and post them here for us please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Quote:
There are also facts not supporting that view-point. I already posted one real life example. And instead of you guys being nice or sympathetic of looking at real life situations... youre blind with boy toy rage. bye.
I'll have more faith in the extensive study the FBI did than your comment that you are now backpedaling on after I called out the B.S. evident in it.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
There are also facts not supporting that view-point. I already posted one real life example. And instead of you guys being nice or sympathetic of looking at real life situations... youre blind with boy toy rage. bye.
I know plenty of females that are just as, if not more, interested in guns/the right to keep them, than I.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:04 AM

972 posts, read 1,332,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Chasingclouds is a decent example of why so far, ultimately; the gun control crowd fails at what they want to do.

No fact to back up argument, no solid basis for implementing the gun control laws, etc.
What guns does the Militia's have that declare war on our government and plotted the OKC Bombing? Tell me?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I know plenty of females that are just as, if not more, interested in guns/the right to keep them, than I.
You live in Tuscan. I can see that. I live in Oklahoma, lots here as well. But the fact is people on the streets especially the City, do not need more fire-power than the cops, they do not need access to military weapons.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Quote:
What guns does the Militia's have that declare war on our government and plotted the OKC Bombing? Tell me?
So now everyone who has or wants an AR-15, an AK, or even a Ruger 10/22 is a terrorist. Thanks for that info.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You live in Tuscan. I can see that. I live in Oklahoma, lots here as well. But the fact is people on the streets especially the City, do not need more fire-power than the cops, they do not need access to military weapons.

The greater Tucson area has well over a million residents. I live right in the middle of the city.

I have an AR-15 rifle. It looks just like what law enforcement gets. Difference is, I have to pull my trigger once for every bullet fired, then can pull and hold and let the gun empty the magazine or get 3 bullets to one pull.

I fail to see how mine out powers theirs?

Sure my rifle looks like it may be a military/le rifle, but its not.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
should I have typed SEMI? probably Im not a gun freak, what do I know. I own 2 guns, probably antiques by now. a regular 22 and a regular old shotgun.
and, whats more.. I didnt type he was killed in the line of duty, did I?
So he was NOT killed with the firearm you stated....

What WAS he killed with?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
So now everyone who has or wants an AR-15, an AK, or even a Ruger 10/22 is a terrorist. Thanks for that info.
I gave up my privacy rights that Bush took away, he shredded the constitution to 'protect us' against terrorist. And you have a problem
with guns meant for military and law enforcement not being sold to people to protect us from the same thing?

Ya'll still have your guns, *if* they could even try to get this passed in congress, and IF it's even on the table. I don't see congress passing it. And I don't see it as priority over the economy or the war right now. We had this law for 10 years, and you guys still can shoot ****.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Anecdotes are not evidence....

And MORE personal attacks???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections