Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:26 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,067,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You fail at satire.

Given your previous sky-is-falling, muslims run your libraries, shopping carts are the new illegal immigrants stance; You're inability to understand modern times isn't very surprising.

Let me be the first to welcome you to 2008. Barack Obama, a half white/half black, man will be your president. No matter how many stories you make up, you cannot escape reality. Worse yet, your next half black/half white president won by an electoral landslide.

So please continue to post trumped up lies because that made so many people rally against Obama over the last few months.
Such a bitter post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:26 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,766,626 times
So the comments on the C-D forum aren't enough, you have to pull comments from another forum to help make your trumped up case?

Plus, the videos didn't at all match what the person was saying. Swing and a miss....wide.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:34 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,775,685 times
What I saw on TV was hundreds of thousands of overwhelmed, inspired people. People crying, people cheering, people singing... It was a joyous but not chaotic scene. His speech was incredible. We witnessed American history that our great grandchildren will study.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:35 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,410,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
The videos look great. I don't see what the fuss the writer was talking about.

The writer is another disaffected Republican. Pay them no mind.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,410,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
So the comments on the C-D forum aren't enough, you have to pull comments from another forum to help make your trumped up case?

Plus, the videos didn't at all match what the person was saying. Swing and a miss....wide.

Disgruntled Republicans are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, are they?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,459,334 times
Go away Cartman...You're done!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM

121 posts, read 225,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
What I saw on TV was hundreds of thousands of overwhelmed, inspired people. People crying, people cheering, people singing... It was a joyous but not chaotic scene. His speech was incredible. We witnessed American history that our great grandchildren will study.
That was all CGI. Courtesy of George Lucas's Industrial Light & Magic co.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,118,068 times
I was at the rally with my family. The folks were really well-behaved and a surprising amount were 'retirement age." It was pretty crowded all over the downtown. Of course, there had to be some girl watching and catcalls by some younger revellers.

It was surprising in a city where white folks make up about 35% of the population to see that the crowd was overwhelmingly white. The souvenir sellers had a field day but were made to move on by the police. Lotsa cops, lotsa mounted policemen, lotsa horse pies.

I just was surprised that there were no 'bucket boys' or other musicians out. I think the police shooed them away.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:42 PM

172 posts, read 483,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Such a bitter post.
I don't see nothing bitter about it! We're happy Obama and the dems are in control again. The last time we were, there were jobs for anyone willing to work, no wars, and the times were good.

As for the rally, I was there and most everyone was respectful, but when you get hundreds of thousands of people in one space there's going to be littering and maybe a fight or two (although I didn't see any, most everybody was overjoyed Obama won). All in all, for the amount people we had, it went quite well!

Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
What the libs don't want anyone to see is at the end of the rally when the cams were off and the MSM were out celebrating the selection of their puppet the chosen one came back onto the stage and bite the head off of a live bald eagle and then urinated on the Alamo.
You're not supposed to tell about that. Wasn't it in your Marching Orders? We have to keep up the peace-love front!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections