Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This is would be the first time in US history that people captured on the battlefield in foreign land would be subject to US civil courts and laws. In wars past such people were tried by military court. And to the bleeding heart liberals crying about torture, my next post will be a link to a CNN story on what real torture is all about and this torture was performed against American soldiers you seem to hate so much.
Well, it would seem suiting since these days evoke a lot of 'first time in U.S. histories'

1st time U.S. Gov't was given absolute Carte Blanche over our privacy with respect to eavesdropping

1st time, prisoners were classified as 'unlawful combatants' to skirt the Geneva Convention; the irony being the majority weren't fighting any definition of the world 'war' and thus wouldn't even fit the POW moniker.

1st time VP wasn't considered part of the cabinet to avoid congressional testimony and 1st time. I could go on all night!

The real torture is done prior to deportation to Get-Mo in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and other equally nefarious hold-outs. Everyone knows that right? It's in the extraordinary rendition blueprints... like a quasi Bush Fascist Manifesto.

Who said anything about hating soldiers? We're talking about the Gov't.

I'm an honorably discharged Veteran so you can talk that baseless, blind insinuation and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Really, what branch, what division, where, when? Carte Blanche? Really. Remember a clinton administration invention called Epsilon? Bush's eavesdropping was on suspected terrorist in foreign nations no matter where they called to and from including the United States. Kind of makes sense to see if foreign terrorist are talking to terrorist cells already in the US and they didn't need a warrant for foreign agents. As for the rest of your post, it reads like a hate-America Communist Manifesto I see all the time on the daily kooks website.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 PM

I serve 8 years in the Navy as a machinist mate second class and served on board the USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 and USS LaSalle AGF-3 during Desert Storm and Bosnia. Worked in the engine room of both ships.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Biden is an condescending and hypocritical moron and doesn't see eye-to-eye with President-Elect on a variety of issues, which coincidentally hasn't changed Obama's view on said issues. As one example, Network Neutrality. Pour that in yer jug and drink it hick.

Well Windsong, if he's such a "moron", then why did Odumbo select him over Hillary Clinton?

Surely this couldn't be an example of poor judgment by our new Commander-in-Chimp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	obama-monkey-small.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	30635

Melt that under yer tongue and hallucinate Moonjava!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Really, what branch, what division, where, when? Carte Blanche? Really. Remember a clinton administration invention called Epsilon? Bush's eavesdropping was on suspected terrorist in foreign nations no matter where they called to and from including the United States. Kind of makes sense to see if foreign terrorist are talking to terrorist cells already in the US and they didn't need a warrant for foreign agents. As for the rest of your post, it reads like a hate-America Communist Manifesto I see all the time on the daily kooks website.
Great diversion!

I'll entertain your run tactics (as is my fashion)...

You say Epsilon but do you mean Echelon? I'd love for you to go examine that and come back with some knowledge on the subject...

Bush's prerogative is/was distinctly different in that he can/could bypass FISA court and every other court. It's the difference between following the law and breaking it, then retroactively making everything all hunky dory.

Patriot Act: Cowardly, deceitful, and UnAmerican
Revised FISA: Making a bad thing worse
Military Commission Act: Downright Inhumane
Directive 51: Bush saying, "Just how stupid are my constituents"?

Sum total: A waste of tax payer's dollars and zero protection from another terrorist act; contrarily... a conduit for more hatred of the United States

As far as what branch... what does that matter? Why where? Why when? You sure ask a lot of dubious questions.... would you like my SSN too? All of that is moot to the conversation; more so to the context of my reply.

The rest of my post read like somebody that has a clue, but I can see how someone of your magnitude might misinterpret knowledge and awareness as unpatriotic.

Quote:
I serve 8 years in the Navy as a machinist mate second class and served on board the USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 and USS LaSalle AGF-3 during Desert Storm and Bosnia. Worked in the engine room of both ships.
Thanks shipmate, for that. I here there's a lot of crypto floating around the engine room scuttlebutt. Your service most definitely substantiates in and everything you've said thus far.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Surely this couldn't be an example of poor judgment by our new Commander-in-Chimp.
I guess not huh? Maybe we'll have a new reign of power not dictated by a VP perhaps? Mmmmmm.... suck on that moonshine chisel chest!

Quote:
our new Commander-in-Chimp.
Hey! I think I found you! You're the racist monkey McCain rally guy right?! The irony is that all the ill and contemptuous bigotry (of you and those like you) are what ultimately cost your candidate a victory. Nice glasses BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKUovpF9LWU

Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 PM

zero protection from a terrorist act? Umm, when was the last terrorist bombing inside the United States since 9/11? As for the rest of your post, you only confirmed my opinion and suspicions about your character, or lack of.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I don't know what Perry's point was, but mine would be that we are violating our own laws.

This hurts both our country and our goal to promote democracy around the world. It makes us look like the countries you named, instead of different.

What's your point?

They effed-up by going after our civilians. That's when the gloves came off. Don't worry if you don't get it right now. We'll all have another opportunity in the future, provided we live.

"The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Biden said you're dead wrong with respect to foreign combatants.
Foreign combatants? Of the 250 detainees still in Guantanamo Bay, do you know where they came from? Only a few are linked to 9/11. I'm not saying just let them go. Put them up for trial if there is such clear evidence against them.

And where did you find a quote that Biden thinks I'm wrong?

Looks to me like he wants Gitmo closed:

biden guantanamo bay - Google Search

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Umm, when was the last terrorist bombing inside the United States since 9/11?
YOU GOT ME THERE... I STAND CORRECTED!
Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
As for the rest of your post, you only confirmed my opinion and suspicions about your character, or lack of.
Nice summation. You're really outdone yourself, haven't you. Give yourself a pat on the back mmmkay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections