Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,768,926 times

Advertisements

OF course you libbies are all saying Obama vs ------ will be a landslide... He just won. All I have to say is remember Jimmy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,812,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
OF course you libbies are all saying Obama vs ------ will be a landslide... He just won. All I have to say is remember Jimmy Carter.
Jimmy Carter is white, Mr. Historian. White presidents are ol skool, get wit deh programme

Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you might ought to be careful what you wish for. Gingrich is going to be a player but he has carefully been laying out a plan that just might make him the favorite of a wide coalition of voters.

the guy is brilliant and a tactical genius.

He may be too polorizing now. Democrats did a good job of making him seem so in the past, but 4 years is a lot of time to rehab a reputation. Newt is working on doing just that.

If Gignrich gets the GOP nomination in four years, the White House will become a distant memory for Republicans.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,271,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Honestly I havent heard any new ideas from him But I think the republicans realize they are going to need a "super star" minority on the ticket to compete with Obama. They need to peel away some of the minority voters from Obama. More Asians and Hispanics would vote fo the republican ticket than they did this year if Jindal was on the ticket.
Republicans need more young people. Jindal would do better with the youth than Obama, as long as somebody like Huckabee wasn't his runningmate. I like Gingrich and his policies, but I agree with many of you that he's "too yesterday".

Democrats - don't count out Republicans yet. Your guy hasn't even been inaugurated yet. A lot could happen between now and 2012.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,411,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If Gignrich gets the GOP nomination in four years, the White House will become a distant memory for Republicans.
Old Gringo, as a republican I sure hope you keep that opinion because it will serve Newt well to be underestimated.

While democrats have forgotten about the former Speaker of the House, he has quietly been working to build a cooalition of people who cut accross all party lines and to identify what he calls Tri-Party or American issues.

To be an "American issue, it has to have a majority of Republicans, Independants and Democrats agree with the issue and the solution. To date, he has a list of over 100 issues that meet that standard and he has worked on the edge of the republican party to create an organization around those issues.

He has built bridges to innner city African Amerian groups that are trying novel approaches to education that are working and he has supported and embraced their concept and incorporated it.

Newt knows with his baggage that for him to be president, he will have to have a very long list of issuues that everyone agrees on.

but do me a favor, go to sleep and ignor Newt and hope we nominate him in 2004. That would make me happy. (by the way in 2004 I will be supporting Bobby Jindal for president)

Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
but do me a favor, go to sleep and ignor Newt and hope we nominate him in 2004. That would make me happy. (by the way in 2004 I will be supporting Bobby Jindal for president)
Good luck with that.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,971,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Republicans need more young people. Jindal would do better with the youth than Obama, as long as somebody like Huckabee wasn't his runningmate. I like Gingrich and his policies, but I agree with many of you that he's "too yesterday".

Democrats - don't count out Republicans yet. Your guy hasn't even been inaugurated yet. A lot could happen between now and 2012.
And you're so sure of this?

Old 11-13-2008, 05:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,445,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
One downside that hurt Jindal is that fact that at one time he was Hindu He actually wrote in an article: "I considered myself anti-Christian". That could come back and haunt Jindal in a presidential campaign. Bobby's first name is really Piyush but he adopted the name Bobby from the Brady Bunch.

Did he convert to Christianity? I don't know much about him but he seems promising. I ask because I live in a town where about 85% are Indian and I have seen very few Indian Christians.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,768,680 times
pffffft Pawlenty? He would lose his home state.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,579,493 times
Obama/Biden vs Romney/Jindal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections