Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,351,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Was it OK for George Bush to lie about the reasons we had to go to war in Iraq???
He didn't lie about the reasons. The Democrats, including Clinton, saw the SAME intelligence that Bush saw and they agreed with going into Iraq. Then once the war was unpopular, it was all blamed on Bush. Like I said above - right.

Stop deflecting and answer my question. Why is it okay for Obama to lie? I thought he was supposed to be different. I thought he was supposed to be a change. I thought he was supposed to represent hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,621,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
He didn't lie about the reasons. The Democrats, including Clinton, saw the SAME intelligence that Bush saw and they agreed with going into Iraq. Then once the war was unpopular, it was all blamed on Bush. Like I said above - right.

Stop deflecting and answer my question. Why is it okay for Obama to lie? I thought he was supposed to be different. I thought he was supposed to be a change. I thought he was supposed to represent hope.
It's not OK for any politician to lie - Bush or Obama...

But I am absolutely positive that the lies that Bush fed us about Iraq were far far more harmful than what you claim Obama has done... before he even is sworn into office.

Most journalists have shown that Bush cherry-picked only the evidence that supported his desire to wage war in Iraq, and rejected the rest... His own press secretary, Scott McClellan, confirmed that Bush misled the country about Iraq... not that facts matter to you...

Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,856,259 times
It's easier to do this

Than it is to attempt to reason with.[Mod edit]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 11-19-2008 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: lets not start a flame war please

Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
It's not OK for any politician to lie - Bush or Obama...

But I am absolutely positive that the lies that Bush fed us about Iraq were far far more harmful than what you claim Obama has done... before he even is sworn into office.

Most journalists have shown that Bush cherry-picked only the evidence that supported his desire to wage war in Iraq, and rejected the rest... His own press secretary, Scott McClellan, confirmed that Bush misled the country about Iraq... not that facts matter to you...
Back to topic. Bush is leaving office. I don't agree that he fed us lies. In fact, Clinton and other Dems agreed with him and you know it. OBama isn't even in and he's breaking campaign promises. Why does that not bother you?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,947,709 times
Quote:
Obama is just cutting and pasting from the Clinton administration, including lobbyists. Change. Yeah right. If we were just going to have the Clinton administration again, why do we need Obama? Should have just elected Hillary.

Obama quote regarding lobbyists: "They will not work in my White House and they will not drown out the voice of the American people." Right.
Story after story....what is an Obama supporter to do without the promised change. All Washington DC insiders...hmmmm

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama is enlisting former Senate leader Tom Daschle as his health secretary, embracing a third Washington insider in the early stages of Cabinet-building by the president-elect who promised change. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the capital's most famous woman for two decades, seemed ever more likely to be his secretary of state.

Daschle to take health post, another familiar face - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081120/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_cabinet - broken link)

Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,892,167 times
Quote:
Obama is just cutting and pasting from the Clinton administration, including lobbyists. Change. Yeah right. If we were just going to have the Clinton administration again, why do we need Obama? Should have just elected Hillary.

Obama quote regarding lobbyists: "They will not work in my White House and they will not drown out the voice of the American people." Right.
Every time another Clintonite gets named it seems the stock market drops another 500 for the DOW.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,892,167 times
Quote:
Was it OK for George Bush to lie about the reasons we had to go to war in Iraq???
If there is no reason for us to be there, then I would hope Obama pulls all troops out of Iraq on Jan 21. Immediately. A gradual pull-out would only risk the lives of our troops.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,251 times
lets face it, they are mad Obama is looking at people with experience and track record from an administraton who balanced the budget, sat over the largest economic boom in history and didnt hyper inflate the national debt unlike Bush, Regan, and Bush Sr. They would rather Obama work with those people? Or do like Jimmy did and not have people with experience with him, only to see Obama FAIL. These types want him to fail, want America to fail all because their team lost the game. Sorry but you guys need to grow up and stop wishing for the USA to fail, if Obama feels he is looking at the BEST he will pick them, and I as someone who voted for him (unlike these haters) support it. None of us didnt think he wouldn't pick fellow DEMS and even people from Clinton, in fact we are OVERJOYED he is doing so and really expected it!

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-19-2008 at 08:59 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,656,390 times
Quote:

Get used to it. The left didn't care if an honest person was elected, they only cared that a D was beside the name of the president. Those who were suckered into actually believing Obama's pie in the sky promises will be disillusioned eventually, but a large part of the Dem base won't care as long as a Rep isn't in the Oval office.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Get used to it. The left didn't care if an honest person was elected, they only cared that a D was beside the name of the president. Those who were suckered into actually believing Obama's pie in the sky promises will be disillusioned eventually, but a large part of the Dem base won't care as long as a Rep isn't in the Oval office.
Definitely. It's just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections