Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Talk radio.................I used to listen to it but after a while I began to realize I was becoming very very angry over everything and realized the cause of my inner anger was the talk radio so I just shut it off. Now did that change my politics, no not really but at least it did stop the inner anger and cause me to become mor logical on issues.
I also can't listen to it much any more either - it makes me aggravated after a few minutes - I think it's designed to inflame emotions - and it does a very good job of it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
It's true -- they're trying to bring back the fairness doctrine.

Oh, wait, actually, they're not. Sorry.
Actually, maybe they're not trying to silence talk radio...

Maybe just to make it more 'Fair and Balanced' - both sides report - you decide...

Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Actually, maybe they're not trying to silence talk radio...

Maybe just to make it more 'Fair and Balanced' - both sides report - you decide...
No, they're not trying to silence talk radio, they are trying to keep it fair. If you read post #21 or google "Ed Schultz Armed Forces radio" you'll see Republicans trying to silence the opposition.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
keep it fair by dictating to private stations who they can and can't air? fairness through force. hey, it works in china so........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, they're not trying to silence talk radio, they are trying to keep it fair. If you read post #21 or google "Ed Schultz Armed Forces radio" you'll see Republicans trying to silence the opposition.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
keep it fair by dictating to private stations who they can and can't air? fairness through force. hey, it works in china so........................
It is a whole lot deeper than that. If Limbaugh is force fed on our troops for an hour every day than YES why not "force" them to hear the flip side for an hour. The troops do NOT control who they can hear. Fairness here is vital.

AND the Republicans tried to FORCE the station NOT to carry Ed...see both sides, all sides, more to the story than the bumper sticker....

Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 PM

there is an easier way to say what you are trying to say. you don't believe in capitalism or a free market. there, you said it. who the hell is forcing the troops to listen to rush limbaugh? doesn't iraq have an 80's light rock station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It is a whole lot deeper than that. If Limbaugh is force fed on our troops for an hour every day than YES why not "force" them to hear the flip side for an hour. The troops do NOT control who they can hear. Fairness here is vital.

AND the Republicans tried to FORCE the station NOT to carry Ed...see both sides, all sides, more to the story than the bumper sticker....

Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
um, I am failing to see your connection. it's called having money in the bank, and living responsibly. is that hard to understand? times get tough, you go without. I live where I live because it is cheaper. I didn't say I was poor, I said I lived a lifestyle that many would categorize as poor. I don't have cable because it's an unneeded expense, just as a cell phone is.
LOL...Caught in lie huh Just like a conservative

Old 11-20-2008, 01:35 PM

actually, no. I wasn't caught in anything. you make a good point though. when you said, "" and "". those were both ground breaking statements and typical of liberals who have nothing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL...Caught in lie huh Just like a conservative

Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM

234 posts, read 294,506 times
Quote:
trust me, real conservatives are getting ready to have all sorts of fun. at least this one is. I have a new game, it's called hide the money. I will begin playing the second democrats try to raise capital gains taxes, and so will a lot of other people. oprahama is gonna find out real quick that it's easy to give a sales pitch to the mentally challenged to get elected, but when it comes time to pay for the stuff, he's going to meet resistance. there really aren't too many worries. oprahama is bush jr. there is one party in washington, the greed party.
Jmarquise,
I been reading same of your posts, and my impression is that you are trying really hard to appear as a wise, intelligent and all around very knowledgeable person. But here is a newsflash for you: YOU ARE NOT DOING A VERY GOOD JOB AT IT.
As a matter of fact you are doing lousy job.

Last edited by Hate Shrubs; 11-20-2008 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections