Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:18 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
your inexperience is showing, this presidency has the potential for great fun. Looking at the criminals skank wife he will be all in one of those pretty interns before long. Hope he can keep his juice off her dress. I see this all shaping up alot like your boy carters term as obama is embarrased and uncerimoniously sheet canned.

Gonna be fun
Definitely one of the more ignorant posts I've seen in a while...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
You take this to serious, lighten up

were having fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Definitely one of the more ignorant posts I've seen in a while...

Old 11-28-2008, 12:02 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think if the Republican Party wants to save itself it has got to disassociate itself from the Religious Right. Let the churches go back to being churches, and these people will go back to their normal marginalized state.

The Republican party is dead unless they get back to issues not bible class.
The bible does not create jobs nor put food on the table Elizabeth Dole realized recently that even in NC people are tired of Bible class.

Real politics real issues,real answers not who is closer to God will get you elected and its high time.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:05 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
You underestimate the political power of the moral majority. Properly motivated they can and do elect presidents

Old 11-28-2008, 12:07 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Thats the funny thing lib/dems dont know how to have fun. With Bush they cried, moaned all bi polar and manic. Now with their guy in we got em on the defensive and they cry and moan all bi polar and manic.

Either way you're melancholy and were laughing. Its the nature of your politics, embrace your misery
"Emocrats"

Old 11-28-2008, 12:17 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
your inexperience is showing, this presidency has the potential for great fun. Looking at the criminals skank wife he will be all in one of those pretty interns before long. Hope he can keep his juice off her dress. I see this all shaping up alot like your boy carters term as obama is embarrased and uncerimoniously sheet canned.

Gonna be fun
I believe that you have just shown us that HubbleRules was right about the inaccurate and lying posts that many on the far right make.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:01 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
I know it will never stop - the sniping at Obama - everything he says, does, doesn't say, doesn't do - will be endlessly criticized by a small number of very vocal Republican die-hards (and they are dieing hard....)...

Quote:
We're not in any misery at all dude!!! In fact, we're ecstatically HAPPY!!!

Our side won in a landslide victory on Nov 4th!!! Remember??? (or is it too painful?).

Do you not see the hypocrisy of this post? Seriously? What do you think we've been listening to from the moment Bush was elected for the first time? From before you had a clue as to whether he would be a good President or not?

Right out of the gate you p***d and moaned that the election was stolen and it just went downhill from there. Except for a split second after 9/11, I've heard and read nothing but hatred for Bush et al from the far left (I say "far left" because I know a lot of rational, reasonable Democrats who aren't like this at all).

Is it that you're so used to losing you don't know how to win? You don't know how to take the high road? I've seen little sign of it and I have to admit I'm disappointed. I thought I'd see some real joy from you winners ... instead this ugliness just continues on. This isn't happiness ... and I don't think some of you are half as thrilled as you say you are because now you're not so sure Obama is going to be the President you believed he would be.

Instead a bunch of you gloat about your so called "landslide" win (I don't see 52% of the country voting for a candidate a "landslide", but that's just me). And you continue to bash Bush and Republicans when you should just revel in your win and act like we don't matter. Why do we matter to you? We're the losers!

But I think the part that bugs you is we do matter. And we will always matter. And in 4 years you have to go up against us again and you're just not all that positive that Obama will be quite good enough to win America over a second time.

I don't get it. Why all the hate? YOU WON!!! And one thing is for sure, if Obama is the President you all think he will be? If he watches out for our country, keeps us safe, and if he begins to improve the economy and if does a better job at winning our wars against terrorists ..... he'll have my vote in 2012.

It's not about party for some of us. It's about this country and leading us in the right direction. That's what it should be for everyone ... instead of acting like you're about to start a civil war with Republicans ... we're not your enemy.

Makes me want to stop posting here sometimes.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
And you didn't even mention the sniping against Clinton - and the totally fraudulent, totally political Impeachment against him for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever...
What? Do you think that breaking laws (lying under oath... perjury, witness tampering and obstruction of justice) is "no valid reason whatsoever?"
Amazing some of the posts I read on this forum!

Old 11-28-2008, 06:33 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think if the Republican Party wants to save itself it has got to disassociate itself from the Religious Right. Let the churches go back to being churches, and these people will go back to their normal marginalized state.
If the Republicans need to leave churches out of it, so do the Dems. Have you ever seen an urban push for the churches to support candidates? Worse than Republicans.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:06 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Default President-Elect Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What? Do you think that breaking laws (lying under oath... perjury, witness tampering and obstruction of justice) is "no valid reason whatsoever?"
Amazing some of the posts I read on this forum!
Was their a terrorist attack on his watch, was his Gov. inept in responding to National disasters on his watch, did his Gov. recklessly invade a sovereign nation, did his Gov. waste precious resources on an unjust war, did his Gov. watch aimlessly as the economy imploded during his term?

You need to come back to the real world before you post your next thoughts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections