Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 08:45 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Leo Donofrio will be on http://www.plainsradio.com at 10pm central time tonight if you're interested. (Click on on "Listen Live")
Missed it, not that I'd listen to that scam artist anyway.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, since JPS was starting what-if threads about the issue, I just thought I would ask.
Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with the issue. I expect SCOTUS will not look into the matter. We all know congress won't - so that will be that.
Quote:
Wrong!
Clever....

Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nice try. None of it is true. Try again. Obama was born in Hawaii, thus is a US citizen. His mother was born in Kansas, thus was a US citizen.
Quote:
Tip - You need to look at both parents of these people...
I'm tellin' ya, Kooter, James Buchanan and Woodrow Wilson qualified already, with ONE parent born in the US. That is not conjecture, it is fact! fact, fact, fact, fact. They have already been presidents. Now dead and buried. Accept reality.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Missed it, not that I'd listen to that scam artist anyway.
Attorney Leo Donofrio discussing his lawsuit against Obama starts in 10 minutes: Home (Click on Listen Live)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Tip - You need to look at both parents of these people...
No, Kooter.

The age crap, as I have tried to explain to you already, only applied to being born overseas.

Honest. Look at the law yourself, rather than at the bastardized version at the top of the analysis you gave. (You even used to make the accurate reference yourself in earlier arguments!)

Page 378 of this pdf: http://uscode.house.gov/pdf/2004/2004usc08.pdf
§ 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth
Currently, Subsection (g) reads:
a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years

But, between 1952 and 1986, Subsection (g) read:
a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years

(Actually, before 1978, it was paragraph 7, not subsection (g).)

Please, Kooter, read this - it includes the history of the amendments to the code with when and what language got changed.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Does the fact that Obama's mother was only 18 at the time of his birth, thus not able to have lived in the US for five years after the age of 14 make a difference? Technically, she was a minor at the time, the age of majority being 21 then. An underage woman who has given birth is usually considered an emancipated minor, but a minor nevertheless. I have worked with teen moms who can consent to medical procedures for their babies but not for themselves!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
No, Kooter.

The age crap, as I have tried to explain to you already, only applied to being born overseas.

Honest. Look at the law yourself, rather than at the bastardized version at the top of the analysis you gave. (You even used to make the accurate reference yourself in earlier arguments!)

Page 378 of this pdf: http://uscode.house.gov/pdf/2004/2004usc08.pdf
§ 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth
Currently, Subsection (g) reads:
a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years

But, between 1952 and 1986, Subsection (g) read:
a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years

(Actually, before 1978, it was paragraph 7, not subsection (g).)

Please, Kooter, read this - it includes the history of the amendments to the code with when and what language got changed.

Listen to Attorney Leo Donofrio and you will learn something! You probably won't admit it, but that's your problem...

Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Does the fact that Obama's mother was only 18 at the time of his birth, thus not able to have lived in the US for five years after the age of 14 make a difference? Technically, she was a minor at the time, the age of majority being 21 then. An underage woman who has given birth is usually considered an emancipated minor, but a minor nevertheless. I have worked with teen moms who can consent to medical procedures for their babies but not for themselves!
Yes! But that is just one of a large number of "issues" that prevents Obama from having Natural Born Citizenship status...

Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Listen to Attorney Leo Donofrio and you will learn something! You probably won't admit it, but that's your problem...
Why listen to a scam artist when jps just posted the law, read it and learn.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:08 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Read the law.

Att'y Donofrio has an agenda.

I don't - I'm just showing you what the law says. If the law said something different, I would admit it - and point it out, if I found it first, as you should have noticed by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.