Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times

Advertisements

I feel fine;its the greddy peole oin wall street and mian street I feel bad about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
My vote in 2000 I am not proud of, but I'm damn sure not ashamed of it either. Both options were morons, but Gore was definitely the bigger moron of the 2 and would have made a horrible president.

I didn't vote in 2004 because I wasn't happy with Bush but also considered Kerry totally useless. And in 2008 I didn't vote for Barry or Johnny because I think they are both bad choices. I went 3rd party.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,503,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
You ever heard of "water boarding"- its great, it makes the person feel like they are drowning!

Thats all great what your saying about the Patriot Act accept for the violation of our Civil liberties and all. Once they take one, why not take em' all.

You have a better chance of dying from Heart Disease than getting attacked by a terrorist on the way to work.
And people do things to prevent heart disease... And we're doing things to prevent another terrorist attack.

Violation of our civil liberties? Like I said, when there's a war going on, your liberties won't be as open as they were when we were all living in happy-go-lucky America when Clinton was President. Things change. Your whining about people you will never meet making sure you're not doing anything that could be suspicious after the largest terrorist attack in American history while there are people in this world getting their hand cut off for stealing bread... And you're the one whining?

Old 12-04-2008, 01:59 PM

756 posts, read 1,883,285 times
[quote=Futcha;6411775]The Patriot Act was perfectly logical in order to protect and keep America safe. If you're doing nothing wrong on your computer, telephone, or finances then you have nothing to worry about. quote]

Watch that slippery slope you are promoting. The "if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" mantra has been the slogan of fascism throughout history.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
And people do things to prevent heart disease... And we're doing things to prevent another terrorist attack.

Violation of our civil liberties? Like I said, when there's a war going on, your liberties won't be as open as they were when we were all living in happy-go-lucky America when Clinton was President. Things change. Your whining about people you will never meet making sure you're not doing anything that could be suspicious after the largest terrorist attack in American history while there are people in this world getting their hand cut off for stealing bread... And you're the one whining?
Guess you couldn't read post 26.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,503,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Guess you couldn't read post 26.
I just read it and I find it funny. My father worked for the government, he was a Fed until he passed the NYS Bar Exam and became a lawyer about 6 months ago. So really, I find it quite funny when people come on City-Data and act as if they know what's going on inside the government's mind because they read the newspaper and listen to the idiots in the media make bull**** up and portray the government as the bad guy when in reality, it's you guys who ***** and moan about being pulled over and even getting a mere warning for going 75 in a 65.

You can make up all these excuses about how the government is stripping you of your "civil liberties" but I sat the dinner table every day listening to stories about the government because my father was in the government and still remains in the field today but doesn't work for them. Who do you think writes the laws? Lawyers. But what does my family know? It's just the government...

And pal, just quit whining. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're a law abiding, legal, honest American citizen then you have nothing to worry about. We're at war and what the **** do you expect after the largest terrorist attack in American history, possibly world history? What do you think it's just going to be the "do what you wish" culture of the Clinton days? Hell no and if it was, I'd be scared as **** living in the NYC area. Let me tell you something, if Obama was President on 9/11 then we'd all be wearing turbans and speaking Arabic right now. We need to be cautious at times like these and I'm glad the gov't is doing their job to protect us even if that means checking my records, etc. Big deal, I follow the laws, I pay taxes, I support the troops, and I love America.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times
buck fifty nine a gallon

thanx

dubya

Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
In 2000 I was in favor of Al Gore and I'm very happy that george Bush was chosen. I realized later that he was the much better man for the job and still think he did a good job!

Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
I just read it and I find it funny. My father worked for the government, he was a Fed until he passed the NYS Bar Exam and became a lawyer about 6 months ago. So really, I find it quite funny when people come on City-Data and act as if they know what's going on inside the government's mind because they read the newspaper and listen to the idiots in the media make bull**** up and portray the government as the bad guy when in reality, it's you guys who ***** and moan about being pulled over and even getting a mere warning for going 75 in a 65.

You can make up all these excuses about how the government is stripping you of your "civil liberties" but I sat the dinner table every day listening to stories about the government because my father was in the government and still remains in the field today but doesn't work for them. Who do you think writes the laws? Lawyers. But what does my family know? It's just the government...

And pal, just quit whining. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're a law abiding, legal, honest American citizen then you have nothing to worry about. We're at war and what the **** do you expect after the largest terrorist attack in American history, possibly world history? What do you think it's just going to be the "do what you wish" culture of the Clinton days? Hell no and if it was, I'd be scared as **** living in the NYC area. Let me tell you something, if Obama was President on 9/11 then we'd all be wearing turbans and speaking Arabic right now. We need to be cautious at times like these and I'm glad the gov't is doing their job to protect us even if that means checking my records, etc. Big deal, I follow the laws, I pay taxes, I support the troops, and I love America.
This bears repeating and a rep+

Amazing how the media has convinced so many that America is an evil place.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
I was curious and I want to explore the deep conscious of a Bush voter in 2008. How does it feel 8 years later? Are you proud of your vote?
I feel fine. It's evident you don't, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections