Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:52 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Hah! Another fib! What's with your byline, Tuby, "Real Americans Are Retired?"
Ok I didn't vote for McCain but thats what the bumper sticker says. I didn't want to say anyone here did and be accused of a personal attack. But the bumper sticker will probably be on Ebay in time for Christmas giving. The traditional one is already available.
http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/...umper-sticker/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok I didn't vote for McCain but thats what the bumper sticker says. I didn't want to say anyone here did and be accused of a personal attack. But the bumper sticker will probably be on Ebay in time for Christmas giving.
Probably be a "best seller" among the false idol worshipers, huh? Be cheerful, feller!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Probably be a "best seller" among the false idol worshipers, huh? Be cheerful, feller!
If by false idol worshipers you mean Obama supporters, why would the want a bumper sticker that says I didn't vote for Obama. Are the readers to assume you mean those who voted for someone other then Obama, let's say Sarah Palin perhaps. Are they the false idol worshippers who would want a bumper sticker saying they didn't vote for Obama but did for in this case the loser.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
If by false idol worshipers you mean Obama supporters, why would the want a bumper sticker that says I didn't vote for Obama. Are the readers to assume you mean those who voted for someone other then Obama, let's say Sarah Palin perhaps. Are they the false idol worshippers who would want a bumper sticker saying they didn't vote for Obama but did for in this case the loser.
Ya got me on this one, and you are correct. Thankfully, I don't do bumper stickers of any kind for any reason. Just like smiling, keeps 'em guessing.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Indeed there is - and certainly MANY people are EXTREMELY ANXIOUS to get Bush out of there as soon as possible and to get Obama in as soon as possible. However, Obama is right - we only have ONE President at a time.

I have to admit though that I found the following Barney Frank quote pretty funny:

"I'm afraid that overstates the number of presidents we have. He's got to remedy that situation."

Ken

The only thing funny about Barney Frank is his goofy, impish voice, and even that is not all that funny--more sad, like his political legacy.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
"nothing to read here," he says as he closes the door and leaves the room.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Indeed there is - and certainly MANY people are EXTREMELY ANXIOUS to get Bush out of there as soon as possible and to get Obama in as soon as possible. However, Obama is right - we only have ONE President at a time.

I have to admit though that I found the following Barney Frank quote pretty funny:

"I'm afraid that overstates the number of presidents we have. He's got to remedy that situation."

Ken
That was hilarious on the part of Frank. He however is not poster child material. I mean I could do a comedy routine on him as others do. But man oh man he is not what America needs as the face of the Senate right now.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Ya got me on this one, and you are correct. Thankfully, I don't do bumper stickers of any kind for any reason. Just like smiling, keeps 'em guessing.
I didn't do a bumper sticker this election either, I was too afraid my car NOT saying I was voting for Obama would be keyed.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
OMG, this is a funny article. Perhaps the libs here can explain it to us conservatives. Then again, maybe not. LMAO!

I Voted For Obama, And All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt? - HUMAN EVENTS
Sorry - I can't explain it... It's obvious only a total moron could understand it..

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Must be a real bummer living in one of the most "Leftist" states in the nation and you claim to not be a distinct minority!
White Male Christian traditionalist in CA. I am in the minority in every possible way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections