Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times

Advertisements

I found a website that explains what Obama will do...

obamawill.com

Please check it out!

It explains his positions on so many issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,031,329 times
Thus far I have seen or heard not much from Obama except grandiose promises- high on rhetoric low in substance.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:29 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,605,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Thus far I have seen or heard not much from Obama except grandiose promises- high on rhetoric low in substance.

That is standard for every candidate. Obama for me is change--plain and simple. He is the best out of the three left.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,656 times
All I can do is sit here and shake my head. Are so many Americans that naive????? God help us all.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM

407 posts, read 800,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
All I can do is sit here and shake my head. Are so many Americans that naive????? God help us all.
Yes they are. One can read their posts in here and see that they are.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
That is standard for every candidate. Obama for me is change--plain and simple. He is the best out of the three left.
Change doesn't put food on my table
Change doesn't make me feel more secure
Change doesn't mean my kids can go to college

It seems like the people who are Obama supporters don't really have much to lose in this election cycle and can afford to jump on the hope and change train.

All hat and no cattle

Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM

407 posts, read 800,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Change doesn't put food on my table
Change doesn't make me feel more secure
Change doesn't mean my kids can go to college

It seems like the people who are Obama supporters don't really have much to lose in this election cycle and can afford to jump on the hope and change train.

All hat and no cattle
Very well put!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Did anyone go to the website? It's hysterical! Obama will fix your computer! Obama will walk your dogs when you're on vacation! Obama will tutor your 8-year old in math!

I didn't realize that I didn't make it a hyperlink so here it is: Untitled Document

Old 02-22-2008, 03:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,253,238 times
I went...and he had me at "Obama will bake you a chocolate layer cake"!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:41 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post

I found a site that shows some of the things Obama has done.....

Here's an excerpt.....

Here's the original site and Credit to the Author

........."let's look more closely at Obama. I was blown away as I started going through his record. I've already mentioned his bills on health care and energy. In addition he had introduced bills on Iran, voting, veterans, global warming, campaign finance and lobbyists, Blackwater, global poverty, nuclear proliferation, and education.

On Iran: S.J.RES.23 : A joint resolution clarifying that the use of force against Iran is not authorized by the Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq, any resolution previously adopted, or any other provision of law.

On votingPassed out of Committee and now on the Senate Calendar for Feb. 22, 2008
S.453 : A bill to prohibit deceptive practices in Federal elections Please check this out! This is a great bill. We need this. I can't believe that this time voter intimidation is not already illegal.

On veterans and military personnel: S.1084 : A bill to provide housing assistance for very low-income veterans;

On global warmingS.1324 : A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation fuel sold in the United States;S.1389 : A bill to authorize the National Science Foundation to establish a Climate Change Education Program; S.AMDT.599 to S.CON.RES.21 To add $200 million for Function 270 (Energy) for the demonstration and monitoring of carbon capture and sequestration technology by the Department of Energy. (This last one passed both the House and the Senate as part of the budget bill.)

On campaign finance and lobbyists S.2030 : A bill to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require reporting relating to bundled contributions made by persons other than registered lobbyists; and S.AMDT.41 to S.1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

On Blackwater S.2044 : A bill to provide procedures for the proper classification of employees and independent contractors, and for other purposes, and S.2147 : A bill to require accountability for contractors and contract personnel under Federal contracts, and for other purposes.

On global poverty S.2433 : A bill to require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.

On global nuclear proliferation S.1977 : A bill to provide for sustained United States leadership in a cooperative global effort to prevent nuclear terrorism, reduce global nuclear arsenals, stop the spread of nuclear weapons and related material and technology, and support the responsible and peaceful use of nuclear technology.
I counted nine education bills, but it's getting late and I've got to get my kids ready for bed.
As I mentioned earlier, Clinton is a frequent co-sponsor on many of Obama's bills. So is Ted Kennedy. So are a number of Republicans.
Finally, Obama appears to have a better record last year in the Senate on getting his bills and amendments passed than does Clinton. I've listed everything that passed the Senate for each them at the end in boxes. But check out Thomas.loc.gov for yourself. I may have missed something."

Quite a bit, and there's more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections