U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Hope, AR
1,505 posts, read 2,807,551 times
Reputation: 242

Advertisements

Do you think Panetta is a good choice in the war on radical terror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2009, 02:45 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 3,407,525 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Do you think Panetta is a good choice in the war on radical terror?
Another Clinton retread. Retreads for change. He did have to defend against the "vast right wing conspiracy" while defending Clinton's from endless bimbo eruptions. Perhaps he's perfect for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Hope, AR
1,505 posts, read 2,807,551 times
Reputation: 242
"Retreads we can believe in."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Another Clinton retread. Retreads for change. He did have to defend against the "vast right wing conspiracy" while defending Clinton's from endless bimbo eruptions. Perhaps he's perfect for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 3,407,525 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
"Retreads we can believe in."
I like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 PM
 
80 posts, read 576,964 times
Reputation: 95
Everybody except Obama is from the Clinton administration. Where is the change he promised??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,831 posts, read 6,177,928 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Do you think Panetta is a good choice in the war on radical terror?
I hate to say it but it appears Obama is just looking for more of the same with less experience. This is not the change people thought he was promising. He can always just say that the change he was talking about was from Republicans to Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,364,443 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by maincoon View Post
Everybody except Obama is from the Clinton administration. Where is the change he promised??

No more Bushies..that's more than enough change to make me happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,052 posts, read 10,077,749 times
Reputation: 6971
Quote:
Originally Posted by maincoon View Post
Everybody except Obama is from the Clinton administration. Where is the change he promised??
There will be a change from the last eight years, and whatever form it takes has to be an improvement.

Stay Tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,831 posts, read 6,177,928 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Do you think Panetta is a good choice in the war on radical terror?
At least one Democrat is not too happy.

“My position has consistently been that I believe the Agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional in charge at this time,” is the other sentence of Feinstein’s terse statement. Doesn’t take much to read between those lines.

This one happens to be the first woman to chair the Intelligence Committee.

Feinstein not thrilled with Obama’s CIA pick - Total Buzz - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Hope, AR
1,505 posts, read 2,807,551 times
Reputation: 242
Feinstein's husband made loads of money off the Iraq War, so that may be the reason she's mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
At least one Democrat is not too happy.

“My position has consistently been that I believe the Agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional in charge at this time,” is the other sentence of Feinstein’s terse statement. Doesn’t take much to read between those lines.

This one happens to be the first woman to chair the Intelligence Committee.

Feinstein not thrilled with Obama’s CIA pick - Total Buzz - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top