Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
It's not really a "special favor" to the Obamas, more like a favor to the taxpayers who pick up the tab. Why should the Obamas care if it's Blair House or Hay Adams? One way or the other they're in temporary housing for a few days.

I realize a hotel bill is peanuts compared to the war expenses or the bailouts. But it's typical of Bush, isn't it--wasting the public's money just for the cheap thrill of being petty.
How is Bush wasting tax-payer money here? The President Elect "lives on his own dime" until January 15th. Obama finished his campaign with tens of millions of dollars to spare. One way or the other, this is not a financial hardship for him, and it's NOT a taxpayer expense.

Besides, you know danged well that if Bush needed a place to live for a couple weeks, and asked if he could stay at your house, you'd flip him off and say "*********!".

So let's stop taking childish pot-shots at the out-going President, shall we? Let's all grow up a little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
How is Bush wasting tax-payer money here? The President Elect "lives on his own dime" until January 15th.
Don't forget the secret service also needs to be put up wherever the Obamas stay. And they need to ensure rooms directly next to, underneath,and above the Obamas either house the secret service or are empty.

Quote:
Obama finished his campaign with tens of millions of dollars to spare.
Hahahaha, get real. Campaign contributions have rules, Obama can't just spend them on whatever he'd like.

Quote:
Besides, you know danged well that if Bush needed a place to live for a couple weeks, and asked if he could stay at your house, you'd flip him off and say "*********!".
LOL, au contraire, I'd invite him right over. You underestimate my machiavellian side, bwahahaha.....

ps. Ten days is not a couple of weeks. Or a couple of months, as you claimed in an earlier post. I actually agree with you that this whole issue is not a big deal--but c'mon, there's no need to exaggerate.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Don't forget the secret service also needs to be put up wherever the Obamas stay. And they need to ensure rooms directly next to, underneath,and above the Obamas either house the secret service or are empty.

Hahahaha, get real. Campaign contributions have rules, Obama can't just spend them on whatever he'd like.

LOL, au contraire, I'd invite him right over. You underestimate my machiavellian side, bwahahaha.....

ps. Ten days is not a couple of weeks. Or a couple of months, as you claimed in an earlier post. I actually agree with you that this whole issue is not a big deal--but c'mon, there's no need to exaggerate.
You're backpeddling, and now you're acting like it's all no big deal.

Security is going to have to be present no matter where Obama is. Why aren't you complaining about the cost of security while he was still in Chicago? Is that something Bush is supposed to take care of too?

Bottom line: Bush doesn't owe Obama one single thing - especially in light of all the crap Obama spewed at and about him all through the election. The Obamaholics need to grow up and quit expecting special favors from the President you've been bashing and badmouthing for the past 8 years.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
You're backpeddling, and now you're acting like it's all no big deal.
Uh oh, looks like somebody's too lazy to read all posts...

Look again and you'll see I said it was no big deal from the beginning. And that's what I still think--in the grand scheme of things it's just a crummy hotel bill. OTOH, I'm a thrifty person by nature. I don't buy a $40 pair of Adidas when I can walk to another store in the mall and get them for $38. So wasting money irks me.

Bottom line: if indeed the rooms were booked then it's no big deal. But if it's true that Bush was just being petty, that's different. It means it cost me, the taxpayer, money. And that ticks me off. Not a lot, but enough to mention it.

Quote:
Security is going to have to be present no matter where Obama is. Why aren't you complaining about the cost of security while he was still in Chicago?
In Chicago, he was able to set them up in his home. At least that's what my friends in the secret service tell me. An SFR is substantially easier to protect than a hotel room or an apartment.

Quote:
Bottom line: Bush doesn't owe Obama one single thing
I don't care what he owes Obama. He owes me, a taxpayer, the courtesy of not wasting my money just so he can enjoy being petty.

Last edited by normie; 01-09-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Really? There were no attacks on the US during Clinton's administration?

Maybe you're forgetting the first bombing of the WTC. Or Oklahoma City.

How about during Carter's 4 years? In 1979 Iranian terrorists invaded US soil, took hostages, while Carter wrung his hands.
I didn't say all presidents, I said most.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This is the kind of thing that has ruined Republican politics with its divisiveness and almost personalize contempt for any unlike themselves.

All I can say is, typical Bush and bon voyage Georgie, good luck out on the lecture circuit.
ROFLMAO! Thanks for making my day!

Considering the venom, abject hatred, and utter contempt liberals have been spewing for YEARS, and you have the audacity to accuse Republicans of being divisive?

I haven't seen a more hypocritical post in months!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:33 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
perhaps, but has there ever been another time where a President probably stole an election?
And I dont think Bush cares what he has done, he will go back to Texas how he was before, he made his friends richer which was the purpose of his administration, then he will thump his face in the Bible when he wants to justify all the things he did
Actually yes.

Kennedy stole it in 1960; will Gore steal it in 2000?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If this is true it's probably one of the "not worst" things Bush has done while in office for 8 years. There is a laundry list of more important things you can hammer the guy on.
A good post that should've ended the thread...says it all...except for WHO CARES whether Obama could get into Blair House or not????! I voted for him and I don't care. It's nothing to me and nothing to Obama.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Considering the venom, abject hatred, and utter contempt liberals have been spewing for YEARS, and you have the audacity to accuse Republicans of being divisive?

You hit the nail on the head.

The flagrant hypocrisy of the liberals and Democrats is mind-boggling. Simply unbelievable!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Perhaps you should then consider moving some place that doesn't ban things like, well you know, books. Get out more, see the world. Funny, I recall this guy once who swore up and down frothing at the mouth that Ron Paul would never bring in 20 million by the final quarter and when he did, he denied it, you want to talk about a hypocrite, this guy was a laugh riot. I bet he still embraces militant liberalism and neoconservatism. Man, I miss that guy, he was a laugh riot.

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head.

The flagrant hypocrisy of the liberals and Democrats is mind-boggling. Simply unbelievable!
I agree, but then again, I'm neither a Democrat or a Liberal. Of course at least I can tell the difference, unlike some, and most notably, the absolutist simpleton rubes, those folks are a hoot, don't you agree? Great post Diogenes, now I know exactly what I'm dealing with, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections