Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:08 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I of course realize that Bush is not doing anything illegal with the Blair House controversy. However, it's immoral, sleazy and classic Bush. Can anyone (at least at this point) imagine Obama (or even Reagan) doing such a thing? Remember the Blair House has over 100 rooms. They for sure could have put Obama and his secret service staff and this Australian sheepdog for Bush in there at the same time.
Pathetic.
I blew my capacity for outrage on things like wiretapping, torturing people, and holding people without a trial. If Bush was a better president I guess I'd be outraged by this but my standards for him have been pretty low the past 4 or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I blew my capacity for outrage on things like wiretapping, . . . .
Let me guess. . . . you were outraged when Obama voted for the federal surveillance law that permits warrantless wiretapping? As the Bush fanatics go off holding their breath and get angry elsewhere, history will be quite kind to the Bush presidency. 7 years with no major attack. Let's hope Obama can do likewise for just four.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Agreed! No need for Obama to be kicking out friendly prime ministers just to fulfill his egocentric self.
Well its John Howard of Australia, the former Prime Minister, today he is just a man with not title other than "ex".

In any case, the Blair House has been traditionally used by incoming Presidents due to its close proximity and already in place security. This tradition of courtesy extended to the new guy isn't written in stone but it is the dignified and graceful thing that is done. Bush is merely showing the world how undignified, nontraditional, and crude he is.

Not that it matters but other folks are right, if Obama were to do this to a Repubilcan President, every person of right leaning persuasion would be here up in arms crying foul, so why so silent now? Note that it isn't Obama who has made a fuss, he is staying at another hotel to which tax payers are having to fork out WAY more money to ensure his security, but Obama hasn't said anything.

Look, its just tacky and wrong, period.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
1. The Clinton staff trashed the White House before Bush took office (anyone remember that?).

2. Every adminstration takes revenge on the next one right before the leave.
1. Cite your sources. Blogs don't count.

2. Again, cite your source. Blogs don't count.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 01-08-2009 at 04:29 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 04:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Let me guess. . . . you were outraged when Obama voted for the federal surveillance law that permits warrantless wiretapping? As the Bush fanatics go off holding their breath and get angry elsewhere, history will be quite kind to the Bush presidency. 7 years with no major attack. Let's hope Obama can do likewise for just four.
History will never be kind to him. Too many intelligent, patriotic Americans hate him too much. Too many books, articles, stories, video tape and movies out there for anyone to ever forget and risk allowing another criminal into The White House. When he meets his maker, there will be a line around the country of people waiting to dance on his grave.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Bush made it almost seven months of his first term without a major terrorist attack on the United States, then he got his record broken.

It took 20 people to knock down the WTC. I'm certain if they really wanted to, Al Quaeda could have spared another 20 for another attack. All it would take is a bunch of 70#, backpack-sized dirty bombs and enough dirt bikes with riders to carry them across the Canadian border to their final destinations - say, sports stadia and subways around the country. If they didn't want to do it that way, there are still plenty of rental trucks, ammonia fertilizer, and kerosene available for a Timothy McVeigh-inspired attack here and there.

To see how well Bush has kept this country safe, compare the estimates for the number of illegal aliens living in the U.S. in 2001 and 2008. Those could EASILY have been terrorists slipping across the Rio Grande. Of the 18 million shipping containers that come into America's ports every year, only 10% are given even a cursory inspection. Any one of them could hold a bomb larger than the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The only time America has been safe under Bush is when he took a vacation. If you want to thank him, thank him for taling 465 days off in Crawford and gosh knows how many at Camp David during his two terms. I personally will feel a LOT safer on January 21.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I don't see the big deal about what Bush did. The Clinton staff trashed the White House before Bush took office (anyone remember that?). Every adminstration takes revenge on the next one right before the leave.
That was a lie, admittedl made up by a "W" staffer. Maybe you missed it.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was outraged with the FISA bill. Enjoy your false sense of security.

I haven't been attacked by bears for twenty something odd years, I guess I should thank the government for that one as well.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:22 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
While it is booked now, it was not at the time that the Obama's made the request to use it.
#
YouTube - Reporter: Bush lied about Blair House booking
Jan 7, 2009 ... Reporter: Bush lied about Blair House bookingBy David Edwards ... Obama was not allowed to move in to The Blair House, a guest house nea...
youtube.com/?v=jSd7vRLZ92U - 18 hours ago - Similar pages

How can Obama deal with this weasel, this POS and not just say to himself, "Can I kick this little man's ass?".

Can Obama kick GWB's ass?????????????????????

Don't think that p*ssey kicked anyones arse.

Well maybe in forplay with Larry Sinclair.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
History will never be kind to him. Too many intelligent, patriotic Americans hate him too much. Too many books, articles, stories, video tape and movies out there for anyone to ever forget and risk allowing another criminal into The White House. When he meets his maker, there will be a line around the country of people waiting to dance on his grave.
There is a great article on his failed administration in today's Esquire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections