Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times

Advertisements

The public fully realizes the magnitude of a mess that Dubya is passing off on Obama, and will give Obama plenty of time to try to clean things up..

Seems like Dubya has been true to form - making messes that someone else has to clean up ... used to be his Daddy would clean up his messes.. now Obama and we have to clean up the mess... Thanks Dubya...

And the Obama-hype is really only hype to the sore losers (IMHO).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
im sorry but like or dislike any president. its not a job that i would want. can you imagine how hard it must be to run a country like this. i ran a small office and trying to deal with the idiots jeeze. can you imagine the idiots he has to work with. and then to try to hire the right people to run the other parts of the branches.finance,security,health. then try to keep peace with countries that want to destroy us becuase of our different beliefs. and who we support and dont support. sorry i would not want that. so even thought i do not like politicians its a very tough job and good luck to him.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 AM

403 posts, read 1,190,465 times
I don't think this "hype" you speak of is that serious. It's just that after the last 8 years people have high expectations for the new president.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I am so sick of this obsessive love affair. I even dubbed TIME magazine 'The Other O' because he's on the cover every other week.

I think once he becomes President and people realize that our country's problems have not been magically erased by the great messiah like they expect-I suspect things will go on as before (or get worse), the hype will finally die down a little bit. We'll see. Until then, I have the TV off (unfortunately, we have to keep CNN on at work 24/7-I just turn the volume down all night until people come in in the morning!).

I could not agree with you more, it is nuts. EVERY channel is running a story on him. I dont even stop on MSNBC because I can only imagine the love affair going on there. I am not some hardcore Republican who hates Obama either, I just would like to hear other stories of actual news when I turn on CNN or such.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:38 AM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
I have this tingly feeling running up my leg. I think I have to pee.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,813 times
It is exactly a bunch of euphoric hype and it sets the bar too high for Obama. He is a mortal who has only limited means and people need to get grounded again. At this point I am totally open as what to expect and realize that too many external factors will either enhance or degrade the presidency of Obama. I really hope for the sake of the country things work out for the better, but am too pragmatic to get emotionally sucked into a virtual religious zeal which is overtaking the nation at the moment. Like him or not, Obama has the reins and we need to watch his presidency carefully and not let BDS overwhelm our ability to be critical if need be of poor decisions which the new administration may make. We also need to not lose focus on the members of Congress and the Senate, because they are the ones who can do the most damage regardless of who inhabits the White House.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
It is exactly a bunch of euphoric hype and it sets the bar too high for Obama. He is a mortal who has only limited means and people need to get grounded again. At this point I am totally open as what to expect and realize that too many external factors will either enhance or degrade the presidency of Obama. I really hope for the sake of the country things work out for the better, but am too pragmatic to get emotionally sucked into a virtual religious zeal which is overtaking the nation at the moment. Like him or not, Obama has the reins and we need to watch his presidency carefully and not let BDS overwhelm our ability to be critical if need be of poor decisions which the new administration may make. We also need to not lose focus on the members of Congress and the Senate, because they are the ones who can do the most damage regardless of who inhabits the White House.
Damage they have, and damage they have. If there was a collective brain in the electorates head, regardless of party affiliation, the greatest thing the voter in this country could do with the casting of his next vote would be to vote against every incumbent. Vote out every single one. Ignore that yo think they may have been good on the job or done the right thing. Vote them the hell out because it was either by comission or omission they brought us here so they are all guilty.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Yes, I am very tired. It's been media overkill with this man and I'm ready to rip out my hair. *starts mumbling to herself no more-please, please, please no more*

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM

59 posts, read 190,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
I agree very much with your statement. While I did not vote for Obama, I pray for his success. I only hope that the main stream media can take off the Obama tinted glasses long enough to honestly look at his proposals and appoinments as to what's best for the country, not just the left and the democrat party, but I seriously doubt it. I also hope that people will be allowed to disagree with President Obama without being labeled a 'racist', which is pretty much all I heard during the campaign. 'If you're white and not voting for Obama, it's because you're a racist.' I didn't vote for Obama because I don't agree with his ideas or his policies, not because he's black. I wouldn't vote for a white person with his same qualifications, policies and ideas. Yes, we must also keep a very close eye on Congress and the Senate. While they have done abolutely nothing the past two years, they can certailnly do a lot more damage in the next four.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman View Post
I agree very much with your statement. While I did not vote for Obama, I pray for his success. I only hope that the main stream media can take off the Obama tinted glasses long enough to honestly look at his proposals and appoinments as to what's best for the country, not just the left and the democrat party, but I seriously doubt it. I also hope that people will be allowed to disagree with President Obama without being labeled a 'racist', which is pretty much all I heard during the campaign. 'If you're white and not voting for Obama, it's because you're a racist.' I didn't vote for Obama because I don't agree with his ideas or his policies, not because he's black. I wouldn't vote for a white person with his same qualifications, policies and ideas. Yes, we must also keep a very close eye on Congress and the Senate. While they have done abolutely nothing the past two years, they can certailnly do a lot more damage in the next four.
Great post,yes indeed.The makings of the pied piper of ruin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections