Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

The conservatives just will not give up on their nutty ways. I guess they feel like since the Supreme Court is conservative friendly and has already decided one election, they can get it to remove Obama from office on January 23.
Eligibility issue to follow Obama into Oval Office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM

138 posts, read 369,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The conservatives just will not give up on their nutty ways. I guess they feel like since the Supreme Court is conservative friendly and has already decided one election, they can get it to remove Obama from office on January 23.
If it can be proven he is not US-born, he either needs to be removed from office or the Constitution needs to be amended to allow foreign-born citizens to become President. Its as simple as that.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubLR View Post
If it can be proven he is not US-born, he either needs to be removed from office or the Constitution needs to be amended to allow foreign-born citizens to become President. Its as simple as that.
Everybody knows he was born here in Kansas. His birth certificate is enough evidence of such. In fact, really his word and that of his grandparents is enough.
The conservatives are making themselves look foolish.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Nah, his black half was born in Hawaii, and his white half in Canada.

Kansas was just where the halves were sent for assembly. The finished unit was painted in Kenya and flown back to Hawaii to be certified.

Don't beat yourself up about it, though, Kev - A lot of folks get confused about it reading this board.

Remind me one day and I'll tell you about his Father's home planet and the connection with Area 51.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
Quote:
Kev, you missed it. I got a GREAT laugh today - some of them are actually saying they're going to try a citizen's arrest of him tomorrow. ROFLOL. too funny.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubLR View Post
I believe it would be removal until such time as a Constitutional Amendment could change the law.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I believe it would be removal until such time as a Constitutional Amendment could change the law.
I think you've got it wrong. The SCOTUS in "Nanny Nanny v. Sew R. Yoo" (1879:2) decided that a long time-out would proceed any hearing on removal. However, Federalist Paper 33-1/3 documented that the founders' intent was that if the President Elect was found to be ineligible at any time following inauguration (which seems unavoidable at this point), then he should be made to chant "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm not native born, and my birth certificate is a forgery, too" until the third Wednesday of March, at which time the country can vote for Sarah Palin.

I may have some of the details wrong, but it's all laid out at Hannity's site.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Quote:
Everybody knows he was born here in Kansas. His birth certificate is enough evidence of such. In fact, really his word and that of his grandparents is enough.
The conservatives are making themselves look foolish.

Kansas now? The birth certificate was authenticated in Hawaii, I thought.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
A certified copy is now being printed using the best forging technology the govt can buy.

Its over people. The Dems won. GO HOME!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
I don't see it happening; they'd be too afraid of riots if it did. Same reason OJ got off; they were worried about riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections