Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Kennedy collapses at luncheon - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

I don't know. But I don't take this as a good sign for Senator Kennedy. I think honestly as is pertains to his political career, he's about done.
This is the only good news I have heard all day.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Yes, seizures are not a good sign when one has a brain tumor or cancer...Usually people do not live more than 2 years...A friend of mine died from a brain tumor at 39.

I do not like TK but I do not wish the guy dead!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
"After testing, we believe the incident was brought on by simple fatigue," said Dr. Edward Aulisi, chairman of neurosurgery at Washington Hospital Center, in a statement Tuesday afternoon. "Senator Kennedy is awake, talking with family and friends, and feeling well. He will remain at the Washington Hospital Center overnight for observation, and will be released in the morning."

Senator Byrd suffered no medial incident during the luncheon.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
This is so typical of the right wing mindset. You scream and wail and cry and kick your feet about people singing "Na na hey hey" after Bush's departing helicopter - "Outrageous!" "Such bad manners!" "So this is what we can expect from the left?!" etc. - but then with joy you vomit forth the vilest sewage against Ted Kennedy. (As Saganista points out, got a comment for Laura Bush on behalf of her victim?)

Typical schizo Repugs - and it's all hate-filled, all of it.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:55 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is so typical of the right wing mindset. You scream and wail and cry and kick your feet about people singing "Na na hey hey" after Bush's departing helicopter - "Outrageous!" "Such bad manners!" "So this is what we can expect from the left?!" etc. - but then with joy you vomit forth the vilest sewage against Ted Kennedy. (As Saganista points out, got a comment for Laura Bush on behalf of her victim?)

Are we allowed to say the same thing, directed the other way?

Cause from what I'm seeing here on these boards, the left can say what they want about the right, but we're not allowed to say anything negative about you...

Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Are we allowed to say the same thing, directed the other way?

Cause from what I'm seeing here on these boards, the left can say what they want about the right, but we're not allowed to say anything negative about you...
No one is stopping you from saying what you want. Just dont break the TOS and you're fine.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No one is stopping you from saying what you want. Just the mods.
lol, you're right.

But that doesn't stop the lefties here from trying to shout down any negative comments about Obama, and now Kennedy, while at the same time spewing absolute hatred about anybody on the right.

Btw, did you forget that you just posted this, like, a few minutes ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne

So you have no problem with your side doing that to bush, but if we talk about Kennedy, we're all just hate filled?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
lol, you're right.

But that doesn't stop the lefties here from trying to shout down any negative comments about Obama, and now Kennedy, while at the same time spewing absolute hatred about anybody on the right.

Btw, did you forget that you just posted this, like, a few minutes ago?

So you have no problem with your side doing that to bush, but if we talk about Kennedy, we're all just hate filled?
I'm pointing out a funny defining quality right wing people seem to share. They're sort of aggressive victims, or victimized aggressors. I cant really explain it. But either way, yes, it's got a hateful skew to it, all the time.

"Shouting down" - it's not as if everyone's talking in real time. A valid point might not get any argument or it might get respectful respectable argument, but it wont be laughed off the board.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I'm pointing out a funny defining quality right wing people seem to share. They're sort of aggressive victims, or victimized aggressors. I cant really explain it. But either way, yes, it's got a hateful skew to it, all the time.
You people are so delusional, it's fricking hilarious.

For 8 years, we've had to hear about the imbecile in the white house. He couldn't do anything right, he's evil, he retarded, the worse president of all time.

Now we have a guy who actually killed someone and we can't say so without you telling us how hate filled the right is.

Quote:
"Shouting down" - it's not as if everyone's talking in real time. A valid point might not get any argument or it might get respectful respectable argument, but it wont be laughed off the board.
valid point = anything with a leftist skew?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You people are so delusional, it's fricking hilarious.

For 8 years, we've had to hear about the imbecile in the white house. He couldn't do anything right, he's evil, he retarded, the worse president of all time.

Now we have a guy who actually killed someone and we can't say so without you telling us how hate filled the right is.

valid point = anything with a leftist skew?
No, if you dont know what a valid point is, I can't help with that.

"We can't say so without you telling us..." - um, it's a public forum, sorry.

Bash Ted Kennedy all you like, I dont care. But seriously, dont you see a paradox in first being offended by the singing after the Bush helicopter - after eight years in which he and his policies were directly responsible for a lot of suffering up to and including death, sorry if you dont understand that - and then turning around and spewing bile on Ted Kennedy? If you're doing it because he killed someone and got away with it, why not choose to spew bile on Laura Bush?

What's this thing: "are we allowed", "you wont let us", "we can't say anything without you telling us..."? I'm not your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.