Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
So because someone choose's to be in the military it makes their lives worth less because they're expected to die or be wounded?
We understand the risks when we take the oath.

Quote:
Does it make the pain that their family's have to go through worth less as well?
Nope...what does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
The soldiers to what they're supposed to do, it doesn't mean the leadership didn't screw them over.
Soldiers have been screwed over since before recorded history. That's nothing new.

Neither is supporting soldiers when it's politically expedient and tossing them to the wolves when it's not.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Nope...what does that have to do with anything?
If you die it impacts your loved ones right? If you have any?

If you're comfortable with soldiers getting screwed over constantly that's your deal I guess. I guess blindly support administrations that send people to unjustified wars and all your dreams will come true.

Who has tossed soldiers to the wolves when it's politically expedient in recent memory? People toss administrations to the wolves, but that's a wholly different case. The only time I can think of it recently is when the people doing the torturing at Abu Ghraib were thrown to the wolves by their superiors when they were just following orders. Is that what you're referring to?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Has anyone else heard that Senator Kennedy collapsed at the Senate Inaugural lunch?
Whatever it takes to get this career s.o.b. out of Washington. If the people won't unseat him, I'll settle for something terminal.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:11 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If you die it impacts your loved ones right? If you have any?

Yeah, it affects them...but I don't want someone to try and make political hay over it.

Quote:
If you're comfortable with soldiers getting screwed over constantly that's your deal I guess. I guess blindly support administrations that send people to unjustified wars and all your dreams will come true.
And if I'm uncomfortable with it? It'll happen, anyway. It'll happen under Obama, too, in case you're wondering.

Quote:
Who has tossed soldiers to the wolves when it's politically expedient in recent memory? People toss administrations to the wolves, but that's a wholly different case. The only time I can think of it recently is when the people doing the torturing at Abu Ghraib were thrown to the wolves by their superiors when they were just following orders. Is that what you're referring to?
There are quite a few service members sitting in prison right now for doing their jobs.

But that's not what I'm talking about. More like all the "support the troops" we hear from the left...until it comes time to do the budget...then the troops aren't quite so important.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:26 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
I found out awhile back when the man became ill that class wouldn't see daylight. I wish him the best I heard he is doing well. I'm sure being out in the cold didn't help. As for the singing at Bush flying away I thought it wasn't needed. History will judge Bush as a President as they have others. Respect all the way around would be great

Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Is there really this much hatred on this site? You cant wish a man well who is fighting cancer? IN another thread you attack a man for crying at a Medal of Honor ceremony. Maybe instead of insulting politicians we should look at ourselves first because some of the posts on here have become pretty hateful.
Unfortunately people don't have time to look at themselves in the mirror. Their either too busy watching personal train-wrecks on the reality shows. Or trying to figure how to advance there personal gain over there neighbors....this is especially true now with the market down and jobs being cut. And just remember the motto of the politics and other controversies forum on city data.

http://autofish.net/mirrors/images/amusing/i_hate_you_over_the_internet.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-20-2009, 07:53 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
So's drowning in a car.
So is killing someone in an auto accident (Laura Bush).

Both will deal with the consequences of their actions when they move on.

But to not show compassion for someone fighting cancer... is plain sad.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
So is killing someone in an auto accident (Laura Bush).

Both will deal with the consequences of their actions when they move on.

But to not show compassion for someone fighting cancer... is plain sad.
Big dif. He left Mary Jo to die. Time to pay the piper.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 PM

59 posts, read 149,323 times
Granny's held her tongue long enough on this one.
No matter what the man may or may not have done in his life, since he HAD one, unlike JFK and MLK ( instant elevation to Sainthood for dying young), the man has cancer.
Grow a heart.
Had this happened to you or your father today, you would not appreciate the comments, posted here.
Seizure activity is really not uncommon in brain tumor cases.
Please stop digging his grave.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I think this breaks the record of the most positive reps I've ever given out in a single thread!
You missed someone.

Jus kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.