Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
well, black men will see that they might be able to accomplish what Obama did now, and I"m talking about young black boys, so yes, I do thinik that might happen, becuase that Chip on their shoulder is now chipped off. Now if they keep questioning him, like alot of black people do, then they've only done a disservice to themselves.
Some young boys have chips on their shoulders for different reasons. Young black affluent kids may have a chip because they their parents always drag them to their business affairs and they never have any free time - another may have a chip because their father is never home - another may have a chip because he always has to watch his younger siblings - another may have a chip because he's shorter than the rest of his peers. There may be many reasons for them to have "chips on their shoulders" and the new black president can't remove them all. The only thing that has been accomplished is now they have proof that they can be the POTUS, something that has never been done before.

Black president or not, I plan on raising my son to look at the things his father has accomplished, as well as his grandfather, his uncles and the other positive male role models that are in his life for inspiration rather than the POTUS that he will never meet. I don't know why people (black people included) are saying "Obama has taken away the excuse".

So what's going to happen when his time in office is over- will we come up with a new excuse?

I have a friend with a teenage son and she had the nerve to tell him that should prove he can be anything he wants to be....what the hell was she telling him before "Son, you're black so you can only be a rapper or an athlete. You got flat feet so you better start working on your freestyling"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
To the OP:
Did Bush being in office reduce the amount of white collar crime?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 PM

112 posts, read 173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
To the OP:
Did Bush being in office reduce the amount of white collar crime?

No Bush didn't reduce the crime and neither will the false god (obama) reduce it either he is to busy raising taxes and saving all the crooks on wall street and making friends with America's worse enemys.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM

306 posts, read 758,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?

I know it's not a fair question: Bush was never expected to end poor Whites making meth or growing marijuana. But race in America isn't fair, and many people expect Obama to end crime in the low income segment of the Black community.

Will it happen, or is it just a pipe dream?
What does a Harvard law graduate in the White House have to do with crime rates in areas where no one is college-bound in the least.

Do you people think he will be a role model for a "community" which sees him as half-white and thus, as some sort of sellout to the race? (I spend WAY too much time around black people, yes I know. Don't bother telling me what I already know!) He was raised by his white mother and went to Harvard. How is his life relevant to most American blacks'?! Especially in the high-crime poverty areas you're talking about?!?!?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 AM

149 posts, read 261,280 times
did obama eliminate crime in chicago, so aint no way he can do it in the country. the things to eliminate black crime would be ending the drug war and also stop letting private bussiness run jails which means they will lock people up longer so they can work them for 50 cents a hour thus undercutting low class american especially black men and also when there bills run up we as tax payers are forced to pay for people in jail for 10-20 years on drug charges not for violence but for drugs, this crap is insane. end immigration to allow these men a chance to get back into the work force. also stop the regulation that is hammering black entrepuerners. the govt is doing its fair share to oppress blacks but black are not helping, one thing is to stop having abortion (become more prolife), there is nothing to have a minority move down the totem pole faster than having a slow population growth, also become unpredictable in elections, or at least stop voting for democrats at 90% this is unbelieveble. also stop being so materialistic when you dont have real wealth, and gain wealth. this wont happen anytime soon but if blacks would be more futuristic at least the kids would have more because our ancestor didnt have a lot to give us, but its no excuse for not passing on nothing to the next but blacks are too selfish and self centered at least now, u got 50 year women at the clubs, who dont even help their son and daughter with the kids unless they are going to be paid. why must a grandma get paid to watch her grandkids especially when the person is struggling to make ends meet. the black family is dead and in effect so is the black community.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:32 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Serious question: does having President Obama to look up to mean that the much higher rates of violent crime in the African American community will go down, or is that to much of an expectation to place on Barrack?

I know it's not a fair question: Bush was never expected to end poor Whites making meth or growing marijuana. But race in America isn't fair, and many people expect Obama to end crime in the low income segment of the Black community.

Will it happen, or is it just a pipe dream?
If anything, it has made it go up, in the NY/NJ areas because Black-Americans have a sense of entitlement, and see themselves as victims of White America, so having a Black/White president makes them feel that the have the right to do whatever they want.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I doubt it.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
If anything, it has made it go up, in the NY/NJ areas because Black-Americans have a sense of entitlement, and see themselves as victims of White America, so having a Black/White president makes them feel that the have the right to do whatever they want.
A lot of Latinos believe the same as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Pipe dream, crimials don't care who the president is if they even know who he is.
Basically.

The whole premise is ridiculous.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
The I-R-O-N-Y.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections