Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I agree with the OP completely...

It is years too late, but at least Obama is reigning in the forces of greed that led to the greatest economic disaster this country has faced in the last 3 generations...

If we had some leadership calling for much needed government oversight of Wall Street and the banking sector 5 years ago, we wouldn't be in the mess we are today.
You are so right - if Bush hadn't been kissing the you-know-what of the elites, we wouldn't be in such a mess now. But no one was watching the chicken coup during his regime...

Now Obama is stepping up to clean up the mess that he and his neocon buddies created and left us with...

People should do some reading about Dubya's life - he has throughout his life screwed up and left messes that 'daddy' had to clean up... Problem is, this one is way beyond the 'daddy' solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 04:39 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Finally the parents are back in charge at the White House...

After 8 long years of letting Wall Street run wild - even with full knowledge that dangerous storm clouds were gathering - Dubya didn't lift a finger to rectify the economic train wreck that he clearly saw coming... - now a team is in place that cares about all Americans - not just the rich and the CEOs.

Obama is stepping up to the plate big-time and proposing needed regulatory changes in directions and taking bold action to help reverse the DUBYA DEPRESSION our economy is in.

He has instructed his economic team to come up with new regulations that will prevent future sub-prime and derivatives train wrecks in the future - they are to report back to him in two weeks with suggestions...

It is going to take years to reverse this Dubya Depression we are currently in...
Clearly you don't have a dime in any retirement funds or the stock market. You have no clue to who's on the list that has driven the Stock market to where it is, and Barney Frank is at the top of the list.... Obama is a few notches down.... but he is on the list

Old 03-01-2009, 04:44 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Clearly you don't have a dime in any retirement funds or the stock market. You have no clue to who's on the list that has driven the Stock market to where it is, and Barney Frank is at the top of the list.... Obama is a few notches down.... but he is on the list
I have quite a bit in retirement funds...

I don't blame Obama for the decline... He's only been in office 30 days - only a complete moron would blame him for that... The problems we are living thru now are the results of the past 8 years of poor judgement...

I agree - Barney Frank and Chris Dodd share blame for the mess we are in - I have stated that so many times on this forum that I'm sick and tired of doing it again...

Obama is way way way down the list....

Dubya is at the very top, with Frank a distant second...

Obama is doing what the past 8 years of disastrous mismanagement have forced him to do.

He can either try to stimulate the economy back to health...

Or he can do nothing - and let another Great Depression take hold.

Those are the only 2 options...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,581 times
Quote:
I have quite a bit in retirement funds...

I don't blame Obama for the decline... He's only been in office 30 days - only a complete moron would blame him for that... The problems we are living thru now are the results of the past 8 years of poor judgement...

I agree - Barney Frank and Chris Dodd share blame for the mess we are in - I have stated that so many times on this forum that I'm sick and tired of doing it again...

Obama is way way way down the list....

Dubya is at the very top, with Frank a distant second...

Obama is doing what the past 8 years of disastrous mismanagement have forced him to do.

He can either try to stimulate the economy back to health...

Or he can do nothing - and let another Great Depression take hold.

Those are the only 2 options...
Maybe you should check your retirement funds. Obamas war on Wall Street and buisness just might be shrinking those funds very quickly.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:22 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,846 times
Quote:
Finally the parents are back in charge at the White House...

After 8 long years of letting Wall Street run wild - even with full knowledge that dangerous storm clouds were gathering - Dubya didn't lift a finger to rectify the economic train wreck that he clearly saw coming... - now a team is in place that cares about all Americans - not just the rich and the CEOs.

Obama is stepping up to the plate big-time and proposing needed regulatory changes in directions and taking bold action to help reverse the DUBYA DEPRESSION our economy is in.

He has instructed his economic team to come up with new regulations that will prevent future sub-prime and derivatives train wrecks in the future - they are to report back to him in two weeks with suggestions...

It is going to take years to reverse this Dubya Depression we are currently in...

i really don't know where you get all this de-regulation nonsense from. if it's glass-steagal you're referring to, maybe you should look to bill clinton. in addition, dubya signed sarbannes oxley into law following enron. you also seem to ignore the fact that govt encouraged the boom in every way possible. it was after all, very popular politically! you then fail to mention the role played by the central bank in lowering interest rates and providing too much liquidity.

i do however wish you were right that dubya had allowed the markets to 'run wild'. there is good historical precedent for allowing markets to do just that, though the central banks might beg to differ:

perhaps we should open our minds a little, break away from centuries of central bank propaganda and debate whether free markets are the way to go. what we've had btw is nowhere near the free market!

http://economics.about.com/cs/moffattentries/a/scot_banking.htm

Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Maybe you should check your retirement funds. Obamas war on Wall Street and buisness just might be shrinking those funds very quickly.
Many have lost their life savings while others who understand the Obamas proposals have profited from them. My portfolio is up 75% in 3 weeks and Iwill add another 30% within the next 30 days guaranteed. (yes, there is such thing as a guarantee)

Only a fool invests in the market without understanding and following politics and what politicians say they will do vs what is reality.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Just to clrify...

Stimulate: To prop up something until growth catches back up.

Now with 45% of the worlds wealth gone or something close to $30 trillion lost... is that really even a viable path....

Old 03-21-2009, 11:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i really don't know where you get all this de-regulation nonsense from. if it's glass-steagal you're referring to, maybe you should look to bill clinton. in addition, dubya signed sarbannes oxley into law following enron. you also seem to ignore the fact that govt encouraged the boom in every way possible. it was after all, very popular politically! you then fail to mention the role played by the central bank in lowering interest rates and providing too much liquidity.

i do however wish you were right that dubya had allowed the markets to 'run wild'. there is good historical precedent for allowing markets to do just that, though the central banks might beg to differ:

perhaps we should open our minds a little, break away from centuries of central bank propaganda and debate whether free markets are the way to go. what we've had btw is nowhere near the free market!

http://economics.about.com/cs/moffattentries/a/scot_banking.htm
The Enron Collapse And The Bush/Republican Connections !
This is The Story Republicans Dont Want You to See

These are the staples of Washington scandal, but this time they may be the wrong questions. They focus on whether anyone in the administration broke the rules. The whole point of the Enron affair is that it discredits the rules of the game. It exposes the institutionalized corruption at the heart of US politics - a casual exchange of money and power that Bush has made his trademark.

The Enron Collapse And The Bush/Republican Connections!

The Bush-Enron Lovefest Connections

http://www.buzzflash.com/perspective...and_Enron.html

Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Enron Collapse And The Bush/Republican Connections !
This is The Story Republicans Dont Want You to See

These are the staples of Washington scandal, but this time they may be the wrong questions. They focus on whether anyone in the administration broke the rules. The whole point of the Enron affair is that it discredits the rules of the game. It exposes the institutionalized corruption at the heart of US politics - a casual exchange of money and power that Bush has made his trademark.

The Enron Collapse And The Bush/Republican Connections!

The Bush-Enron Lovefest Connections

The Bush-Enron Lovefest Connections - BuzzFlash Perspectives
Sorry, but even Democrats also have ties to Enron, the difference is I have a legitimate news story that say so unlike yours.
Enron's Democrat Pals - TIME

Is everything Republican this, and Republican that to you? Do you lack the comprehension to understand that many of these things are POLITICAL problems, not related to political parties but problems with the political system?

Oh hell, under the Democratic Controlled Congress, Enron would receive a bailout because "its to big to fail".. Please..

p.s. Enron started in 1994, Bush was not president in 1994

Sucks to be uneducated in todays economic times dont it?

Old 03-21-2009, 01:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sorry, but even Democrats also have ties to Enron, the difference is I have a legitimate news story that say so unlike yours.
Enron's Democrat Pals - TIME

Is everything Republican this, and Republican that to you? Do you lack the comprehension to understand that many of these things are POLITICAL problems, not related to political parties but problems with the political system?

Oh hell, under the Democratic Controlled Congress, Enron would receive a bailout because "its to big to fail".. Please..

p.s. Enron started in 1994, Bush was not president in 1994

Sucks to be uneducated in todays economic times dont it?
Kenny Boy Lay as Bush affectionately called him and Bush go way back. You did not read anything in my post that I did not provide a link to. I do not support any representative because of party affiliation, but this particular post is based on fact. I agree that the political system is terribly problematic on both sides of the aisle, so you are preaching to the choir. Republican corruption and scandal does far outweigh Democrat and there is no denying that. Many politicians need to be voted out of office, I do not treat these issues as football games as many that post on CD are apt to do. You might want to explain this to them and I'm sure you most likely know which the deniers and enablers are as they are ones that post the most biased and uninformed crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections