Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
This is today, I am taking a wait and see attitude before increasing my stock portfolio. This upswing was predicted by economists months ago.

WHOOOPS...
....it fell again..

OBAMA, YOU ARE A ...... YOU RUINED THE RALLY....YOU ...YOU... YOU RALLY RUINER, YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
This is today, I am taking a wait and see attitude before increasing my stock portfolio. This upswing was predicted by economists months ago.
Gee, didn't you JUST say a couple of posts back how economists were saying it was going to go DOWN?????

Oh I get it - just change your position based on whether the market is going down (in which case you can quote economists saying the market is going to fall "because" of Obama) - or whether the market is going up (in which case you can quote economists saying it was going up "anyway").

Flip/Flop
Flip/Flop
Spin, spin, spin.

Gee, you think if you flip/flop flip/flop fast enough and spin spin spin fast enough maybe you'll become airborne?

LOL

Ken

Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Gee, didn't you JUST say a couple of posts back how economists were saying it was going to go DOWN?????

Oh I get it - just change your position based on whether the market is going down (in which case you can quote economists saying the market is going to fall "because" of Obama) - or whether the market is going up (in which case you can quote economists saying it was going up "anyway").

Flip/Flop
Flip/Flop
Spin, spin, spin.

Gee, you think if you flip/flop flip/flop fast enough and spin spin spin fast enough maybe you'll become airborne?

LOL

Ken
Maybe read all of the posts. As I said, the economists predicted recovery in the market months ago. They also predicted that the housing market would stablize by SPring of '10. And for the record, the title of this thread was taken directly from the WSJ article I posted. So, lay off.

No need for spin from me, Obama & Co. have the corner on that market.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
No they don't--
It is a HUGE market.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
I'll wait until the bigger drop. I think the current situation is called a "bear market trap". Unfortunately there's not much Obama can do to stem the onslaught of damage Republicans caused. We're in the eye of the hurricane now.
Then how did Obama get it to rise so fast the last couple days? $3 trillion in new debt (and more soon to be added) isn't chump change. It's either going to save the economy or we'll find out that adding much more national debt wasn't a great approach.

Let's all give Obama the credit for turning the Bush economy around already -- the stock market went up considerably. Bush has absolutely no control over anything now, so what happens from here on is Obama's.

Bush influence was from March 2000 to March 2008. 8 years and now he's out of office and it's Obama's trillions in debt that are the solution or non-solution.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then how did Obama get it to rise so fast the last couple days? $3 trillion in new debt (and more soon to be added) isn't chump change. It's either going to save the economy or we'll find out that adding much more national debt wasn't a great approach.

Let's all give Obama the credit for turning the Bush economy around already -- the stock market went up considerably. Bush has absolutely no control over anything now, so what happens from here on is Obama's.

Bush influence was from March 2000 to March 2008. 8 years and now he's out of office and it's Obama's trillions in debt that are the solution or non-solution.
The logic of your post is entirely wrong...

Economic downturns do not turn around in 60 days of a new administration...

DUBYA OWNS the severe recession we are in - it started almost a year and a half ago under his watch - due to his horrendous stewardship of the budget and the economy during his reign...

You can no more dismiss his responsibility for the negative effects of this recession - both the effects we have already seen - and those that are yet to happen - than you can dismiss Adolf Hitler's responsibility for the suffering in Europe after the end of WWII...

Sorry - but you'll have to spin a LOT better than that for the American people to listen to you.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Sorry - but you'll have to spin a LOT better than that for the American people to listen to you.
God, I wish that were true. As I live longer and longer. As I get increasingly well educated, and explore more and more intellectually, I have a true fear that the American people cannot see through the spin--until it is almost too late. Examples of that: The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Deregulation of the Banking Industry....

In each of those cases, eventually the American people "woke up." But not until long after much pain was caused...and still is being caused. As a nation we will screw up--of course--its only "human." But we need to be a lot quicker at recognizing our screw ups and changing course direction.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:36 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Maybe read all of the posts. As I said, the economists predicted recovery in the market months ago. They also predicted that the housing market would stablize by SPring of '10. And for the record, the title of this thread was taken directly from the WSJ article I posted. So, lay off.

It's 2010 already!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
We should thank President Bush....there was no recession until he said so, weeks prior to leaving office....

Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
I see nothing has changed. Oh well back to real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections