Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times

Advertisements

The emperor has no clothes ! Sit back and watch the show folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Here get an education ....

FRONTLINE: inside the meltdown: watch the full program | PBS

There are many to criticize but Obama isnt one of them at this point in time. this program dates to Bush so realize it was many issues and decisions that brought us to where we are.

I suggest following up this program with the next one they did.

FRONTLINE: ten trillion and counting: watch the full program | PBS

Now put your the ignorance of your political bias away and learn some basics in economics. Then keep in mind no one has ever faced what is presently in the market now. The scenario is pretty chilling and Obama is jumping into the fire. More power to him. I hope he succeeds. I voted for Nader so you can't say Im favoring my candidate. but Im not foolish enough to want this one to fail and distroy the economy for the nation or the world.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Here get an education ....

FRONTLINE: inside the meltdown: watch the full program | PBS

There are many to criticize but Obama isnt one of them at this point in time. this program dates to Bush so realize it was many issues and decisions that brought us to where we are.

I suggest following up this program with the next one they did.

FRONTLINE: ten trillion and counting: watch the full program | PBS

Now put your the ignorance of your political bias away and learn some basics in economics. Then keep in mind no one has ever faced what is presently in the market now. The scenario is pretty chilling and Obama is jumping into the fire. More power to him. I hope he succeeds. I voted for Nader so you can't say Im favoring my candidate. but Im not foolish enough to want this one to fail and distroy the economy for the nation or the world.
When Obama will sit and laugh at the economy on TV during an interview, and blame Bush for what he (Obama) has inherited, I have to wonder if his eyes were closed during the entire campaign and election. He walked into the position of president KNOWING, yet continues to complain about how bad it is and what a mess Bush made.

Obama is making messes all over the place. Let's see where HE gets us.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
His campaign was one full of grandiose ideas without real plans as to how to implement them. He has no real understanding or knowledge of how to fix anything. Probably no more than any of us who are posting on this forum actually.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
His campaign was one full of grandiose ideas without real plans as to how to implement them. He has no real understanding or knowledge of how to fix anything. Probably no more than any of us who are posting on this forum actually.
So you admit that you have no idea how to fix anything, yet claim that what Obama is doing is wrong... Do you see the contradiction here? You openly admit you don't know what you're talking about yet can condemn Obama as an ignorant fool with no idea of how to run a country.

Some of the stuff the people say on this website you can't even hear on fox news, its like they work themselves up in their own heads and spout the most ignorant and ludicrous attacks they can possibly come up with.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
So you admit that you have no idea how to fix anything, yet claim that what Obama is doing is wrong... Do you see the contradiction here? You openly admit you don't know what you're talking about yet can condemn Obama as an ignorant fool with no idea of how to run a country.

Some of the stuff the people say on this website you can't even hear on fox news, its like they work themselves up in their own heads and spout the most ignorant and ludicrous attacks they can possibly come up with.
I have a basic knowledge of what I'm talking about. Of course the President is supposed to be more knowledgeable than me.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I have a basic knowledge of what I'm talking about. Of course the President is supposed to be more knowledgeable than me.
Are you saying he isn't? cuz you're wrong.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:01 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,699 times
Quote:
the difference is that he actually has something to say and can say it. We won't be hearing about doctors practicing their love for women. I have never seen so many that want him to fail because it will say something good about republicans.
It's not that people (wait, I can only speak for myself, so I'll change that to I) want him to fail, it's just that the things he campaigned on and has talked about are too grandiose to ever be put into action (as in: we don't have the funds to pay for it). I really do want him to suceed, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye and throw my reason and logic to the wind because I'm rooting for him.

Quote:
If he fails our economy will be in a shambles...
The economy has been in shambles; and contrary to popular belief, it did not happen when Bush II took office (some decades before that actually). All of what Obama is doing now is just holding off the ultimate breakdown of the economy; we've been spending and spending and spending without anything to show for it (except a big whole in our pockets). Even going on the Kenynesian line of thinking, this kind of ridiculous spending won't work; in order for that economical model to work you have to PAY BACK the money to the institutions, government's, etc. after the economy has been revived. That's something we have NEVER done.

Quote:
Notice i didnt say the democrats economy, or the republicans economy or even the Green Parties.. it is all of our economy. You better hope it turns around otherwise you might not have the comfort of that home you take for granted while you type out your barbs against someone that is attempting to do far more than you.
I can hope all I want that it will turn around but I know it won't. Will we have a break in this moment of despair? Yes, probably, but it'll be short lived at best. We will have no long term economic wealth because that wealth has been sold overseas to China, France, and many other countries.

Quote:
You want the economy fixed, Here you go:
1. eliminate Medicare D
2. reduce all SS payments by 50%
3. cut the military budget by 75%
4. cut medicare benefits by 50%
5. all bailout money has stock ownership attached to it.
6. AIG will be allowed to fail
7. we will invest in solar and wind powers and produce no cars that use fossil fuels
8. we will not allow favored nation status
9. American companies are taxed for things like sending call centers overseas, or registering your ships elsewhere in order to escape taxes and rules.
10. the federal Reserve is taken under the government and the private banks are no longer allowed to make interest on the gov for lending us our money.
11. The car companies are allowed to eliminate the unions and become competative. They are allowed to not provide any further funds to the pension accounts, if the invested funds can't cover everyone... oh well.
12. Foreign accounts are craked down on so all these billionaires siphoning money from us are stopped. eliminate teh secret banking practices of Switzerland and Lichtenstien and the others.
13. Eliminate the IRS, in favor of a fair tax where everyone pays and there are no deductions.
14. eliminate the laws about drugs and stop the war on drugs
15. stop the war and bring the troops home... with th esmaller defence budget this would be required.
16. provide a process to legalize all the aliens so thier efforts can be seen and taxed.
1. I have no qualms with that.
2. I would just cut the entire program. Get out of the conflicts with the east, sell our military bases, and all that money we now save can be used to pay out SS benefits for the elderly and disabled; eventually you'd be able to phase out the program.
3. Cut the budget and sell the bases.
4. I have no qualms with that.
5. Or simply don't bail companies out. Let the bastards fail.
6. Absolutely
7. I completely agree with that also. We already have the technology to do it, but big business (oil companies) are blocking it.
8. Absolutely
9. Absolutely. Make it more costly for them cut corners and do business overseas.
10. Agreed. Or, just abolish the federal reserve all together. It's supposed to be Congress who coins (and deals) with money anyway.
11. I wouldn't eliminate unions per se, but they wouldn't be able to do the BS they do now.
12. We have no control over where a business put's their money. You cannot force them (or make it illegal) for them to put money in an offshore account.
13. We need to reverse the 16th amendment and make it illegal to tax the income. Get rid of the IRS and push for a fair tax.
14. Agree completely
15. Agree, agree, agree, agree!
16. Nope. Send their asses home. They comitted a CRIME when they came to this country, they shouldn't be awarded for it.

Quote:
The process needs to cut expenses, increase revenue, eliminate waste, and build for the future and eliminate the drain on the economy OPEC is causing.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Everyone ready to buckle down and do this? This is the way to turn the deficit around. and stimulate the economy. both are needed. In the process we will reduce the size of gov... and it won't be the lip service of the republicans but a real reduction.
Don't know about everyone else but I am. There is going to be pain; why would ya wanna drag it out? I would like it to end as quickly as possible.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Are you saying he isn't? cuz you're wrong.
I think Obama has drawn you in and done whatever it is he does to make you think he's God. It's happened to oh so many Americans.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I think Obama has drawn you in and done whatever it is he does to make you think he's God. It's happened to oh so many Americans.
No one asked what you think, as I've already pointed out its irrelevant since you have admitted you don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections