Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 03:04 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Point out the "liberal" states:
California? Ran to the ground by Prop 13?

Or maybe SC?? 12%.

How about Michigan?

That's the collapse of the auto industry, something conservatives cheer.

How about Vt and Wi?

How do they factor into your 'methodology"?
Liberal States

MI
CA
RI
OR

MI has had way more problems than just the auto industry collapsing.

How many people are their in VT? MY city of San Antonio has more people employed than the entire state of VT doubled!
Quote:
As of 2006, there were 305,000 workers in Vermont
IT is hard to compare that to CA or TX or even SC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 03:08 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Liberal States

MI
CA
RI
OR

MI has had way more problems than just the auto industry collapsing.

How many people are their in VT? MY city of San Antonio has more people employed than the entire state of VT doubled!

IT is hard to compare that to CA or TX or even SC!
Your words contradict what you have said.

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps you should read this.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
Quote:
Your words contradict what you have said.

Statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps you should read this.
Why are you posting about methodology and statistics?

I posted an observation about the states that are in the worst shape. I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:38 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Progressive" Liberal View Post
This is politically natural, it just shows the honeymoon is over. Besides, the independents will come screaming back to Obama in 2012 if Palin or Jindal becomes the GOP nominee , both of which seem like the only Republican "leaders".
if the republicans were smart, they would put ron paul on the ticket with a blue dog democrat and cruise to victory.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
I find it amusing that some posters appear to live each day of their lives just hoping for a drop in Obama's approval ratings. Pathetic, really.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
People are finally realizing he scammed them and people do not like to be scammed.

YES WE CAN'T is the new slogan
Absolutely brilliant

Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find it amusing that some posters appear to live each day of their lives just hoping for a drop in Obama's approval ratings. Pathetic, really.
Extremely. Basically, what they are doing is rooting for our government to fail. I don't understand it.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:26 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90
People are finally realizing he scammed them and people do not like to be scammed.
People don't like liars either but on C-D we have members who revel in telling lies.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

YES WE CAN'T is the new slogan
I certainly hope we can. For my business, my family, and yours

Old 06-21-2009, 07:54 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Point out the "liberal" states:
California? Ran to the ground by Prop 13?

Or maybe SC?? 12%.

How about Michigan?

That's the collapse of the auto industry, something conservatives cheer.

How about Vt and Wi?

How do they factor into your 'methodology"?
So you're saying California was destroyed by taxing TOO LITTLE?!?!?!

Those states mentioned are solid blue. California was destroyed by the same leftist policies Obama supports; high taxes, progressive taxes, regulation left and right (much of it Environmental), open borders, high social services spending, too much Government, too many unions (many public sector) and so on.

Michigan is a Democratic state as well, having shifted strongly towards the (D) party over the last decade or so. The Auto industry is not the only reason it is struggling. Much of the problems in the Autos are from the liberals mandating more CAFE standards, coddling unions, etc. It's a fact that the bluest states are in the worst shape. That's why people are leaving the East Coast left and right. Look at the misery brought to the people living in Democratic strongholds: Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, Oakland, California, MI, Connecticut, Massachusetts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections