Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I feel he's been heading out the door for quite a while now. It is his manner in which he conducts himself, that makes me crazy. I think he is a bully as the rest of the squad is. I despice his speeches and can't even look at him while he is giving a speech, makes me nuts. It is almost like he is trying to convince himself of what it is he is saying.
He is a fraud and a disgrace to the office of Senate Majority Leader. He makes the whole body look like a joke. All he does is attack various industries (be it Pharma, Insurance, Oil, etc.) and the GOP. While they're certainly not ideal, the GOP has been coming up with far better ideas than Reid and the other Communists (I mean Democrats). He needs to go. Too bad I am not eligible to vote against him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
I'm no fan of Reid, however I'd take him over Lott any day. So would a lot of Republicans.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
I would think even Democrats would be happy to be rid of him as representing them.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:15 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Default It Can't Be Soon Enough !!! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In the latest Mason Dixon Poll, Harry Reid vs 2 different opponents:

Nevada Senate - Tarkanian vs. Reid
Tarkanian 48, Reid 42

Nevada Senate - Lowden vs. Reid
Lowden 51, Reid 41

December 2009 Political Polls - US Senate - ReviewJournal.com

Is this why the EPA is taking the ugly baby (cap and trade) away from Congress and doing the dirty work from the executive branch? Is it the 2010 elections?

But who will save Harry Reid from himself on healthcare? Even Nancy Pelosi doesn't seem to like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xaf9...eature=related

Good Afternoon ,

Indeed the voters of this great nation must resolutely exercise our blessed right and relieve our Dirty Harry of his high office with the greatest and most urgent dispatch !

It is folks like Harry whose pompous arrogance and outrageous words and actions while in office that unfortunately creates the truly enormous and damming credibility concerns for the American People regarding their so called "Elected Representatives" ! ...

The "Wheeling & Dealing"... Buy A Vote & Pass Anything Mentality of Sir Harry has for all intents and purposes severely tarnished the once dignified office he now holds to an unprecedented and utterly dismal level !

May we the American People be rid of this singular national embarrassment quickly and for the long term !!!

Thank You / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 12-20-2009 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: No Reason / Lamar

Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm no fan of Reid, however I'd take him over Lott any day. So would a lot of Republicans.
no a lot of Republicans would never take him over Lott...what are you basing that on...

NIta

Old 12-24-2009, 07:33 PM

97 posts, read 110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I would think even Democrats would be happy to be rid of him as representing them.
I can't speak for all Democrats, but I would have to agree.
I don't necessarily mind most of his positions (There aren't many pro-life Dems out there, so I admire that)

It's the corruption that bothers me. Look at the deals he made to pass this Healthcare bill? Idk why everyone is mad at Senator Nelson or Senator Landrieu - they did the right thing. They secured extra money for their constituents. That's their job, and bravo to them. But Harry Reid has no right to be offering taxpayer money to a select few states to get a few extra votes on a bill. Especially because those votes aren't even for the bill.

It would be nice if both parties could pick center-left/center-right leaders for Congress. It would represent the American people much better.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Corruption runs deep in the blood of Harry Reid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEGcMEEMPw

And who can forget Harry Reid declaring the Iraq war lost and the surge a failure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJm62...eature=related

Spot on assessment of Reid more than 2 yrs ago by Dennis Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGO_bTgIf4

Old 12-24-2009, 09:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
10 minutes and a lead pipe and I'd beat his @ss somethin nasty.

Yeah, he still wouldn't change his mind!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:02 AM

32 posts, read 74,414 times
Let's hope all three are sent packing.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
We could sure use that guy who threw the brick at the Italian PM. Nancy and Harry need a brick in the face in the worst way....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections