Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
My point is that I am not voting for a person who campaigns on that talking point as I know there is too much that needs to be done to make the consumption tax feasible. It sounds all well and good, even patriotic, but it's a hard sell and I don't see it happening any time soon. So, IMO, it's just a political talking point. I'm not impressed with that.

It's like grabbing on to the dissent in this country and running with it. I'm just not impressed. But, I'm sure you know that. LOL!
Yeah, it's probably better to vote for a career politician than a fresh face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
i can imagine why some people support perry, as he seems to be a dedicated constitutionalist now, but he was in favor of the NAFTA superhighway which certainly would have impacted the lives of a lot of texans -including giving the contract to a mexican firm (starting at about 5 minutes in):

Texas Governor Rick Perry - Patriot Or Villain [Video] : Diggers Realm

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, it's probably better to vote for a career politician than a fresh face.
Even when the fresh face has proven to be over the edge?

Medina is a 9/11 truther. she cant unsay what she said.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i can imagine why some people support perry, as he seems to be a dedicated constitutionalist now, but he was in favor of the NAFTA superhighway which certainly would have impacted the lives of a lot of texans -including giving the contract to a mexican firm (starting at about 5 minutes in):

Texas Governor Rick Perry - Patriot Or Villain [Video] : Diggers Realm
Spanish firm if memory serves.

And I have to say that I dont disagree with you except for a few important facts.

1. My option is now not an option. (Medina who i was going to vote for)
2. Kay is a real republican big spender
3. The Texas economy has done quite well in a very bad national economy. Rick has been governer here long enough that he owns the Texas economy. He gits LOTS of credit for that. He has worked very hard to get businesses to move here from all over the country.

By default he gets my vote.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

And I have to say that I dont disagree with you except for a few important facts.

3. The Texas economy has done quite well in a very bad national economy. Rick has been governer here long enough that he owns the Texas economy. He gits LOTS of credit for that. He has worked very hard to get businesses to move here from all over the country.

But isn't the goal of a US Senator to bring home the bacon to his/her State? It seems to me that it has always been the case. I'm always hearing the argument that the larger states like Tx and CA pay a lot of federal taxes, but receive only a portion of that back from the Feds. i.e, some of the states are getting back MORE than they pay in taxes. Why should Kay be penalized for what is essentially "doing her job"?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
She is confessing to being a "truther" AND a "birther". This after the Glenn Beck program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39AD...layer_embedded

Old 02-15-2010, 08:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She is confessing to being a "truther" AND a "birther". This after the Glenn Beck program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39AD...layer_embedded
No where in this video does she say that. You're as trustworthy as your grandstanding candidate Rick "Bailout" Perry.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Perry is a con artist. I believe you are too. No way you were voting for Medina before Beck lied about her being a truther.
Especially after saying Pery is doing a good job. If he is doing a good job why vote for Medina. You get your BS from Beck University?

He does get credit for crippling the private sector in order to increase the size of the Texas government. The private sector has lost 12000 jobs and the government has increased by 156000 jobs. Who do you think pays for those jobs? answer- you and me the private sector

Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
But isn't the goal of a US Senator to bring home the bacon to his/her State? It seems to me that it has always been the case. I'm always hearing the argument that the larger states like Tx and CA pay a lot of federal taxes, but receive only a portion of that back from the Feds. i.e, some of the states are getting back MORE than they pay in taxes. Why should Kay be penalized for what is essentially "doing her job"?
Texas gives more than it receives although the percentages are fairly close. ~.94-.97 received per dollar spent

Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Texas gives more than it receives although the percentages are fairly close. ~.94-.97 received per dollar spent
then kay and cronyn are doing their jobs by bringing back taxpayer $$ to Tx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections