Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am so proud that you are proud, poor Mr O needs all the support he can find!
pardon the rest of us though that are really proud of Scott Brown and the Independents that have turned an ear to what kind of crap has been honked by the slime trying to hood wink the people!!
I hope come Tuesday if they lose, the dems will swallow hard.
They might not be so all fired proud of themselves

It is funny, you know now just how many People are not happy with the choice they voted for? I'm waiting for the excuses to come. Can't explain what happened HAH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
why don't you just call yourself "georgia rep". there is nor never has been anything remotely "democratic" about you. i think that you might be a shill for the republican party.

So People have a right, to Come to their Senses. You know how many people i know who voted for OBAMA for something more, things he promised, he cannot and never will deliver, my friends, who did vote for him, cannot stand the site of him at all any more, he did this to himself.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I just happen to be smart and see Obama for what he is
not every one who is democrat is in love with Obama
I happen to be one of them
but you can remain a minion if you want, frankly I got sick of it
I am not a minion any longer and proud of it
You should be careful who you call a minion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
well, then change your name then. i've been reading your posts for well over a year and have NEVER seen a post in favor of any Democrat. You're not being truthful.
Agreed. If it were just Obama, or just Pelosi, or just Reid, or just this one, or that one, or another one, I could get it. But it's all of them put together. Someone who dislikes all the Democratic politicians out there is no Democrat.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I just happen to be smart and see Obama for what he is
not every one who is democrat is in love with Obama
I happen to be one of them
but you can remain a minion if you want, frankly I got sick of it
I am not a minion any longer and proud of it

Thank you for your honesty, too bad more cannot be honest as you. So many of my friends who voted for this clown, are totally fed up, he has them fed up, they said there quote, he suckered us once, but no more, enough is just enough. Sorry but people have had it, and know that GOOD CHANGE AND HOPE will never come. Change and Hope will be something we have never expected, and it is happening now.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
WOW-

Just wow.
A REPORT FROM THE SCOTT BROWN RALLY AT WORCESTER: “It’s an absolute mob scene. The police have closed off the streets. It’s mind blowing. The hall is already full, and it holds 3,000 people. There may be another 1,000 people outside.”

Like the 100,000 Tea Partiers?? Show a reliable estimate, not an anonymous report.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 PM

744 posts, read 1,210,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A REPORT FROM THE SCOTT BROWN RALLY AT WORCESTER: “It’s an absolute mob scene. The police have closed off the streets. It’s mind blowing. The hall is already full, and it holds 3,000 people. There may be another 1,000 people outside.”

Like the 100,000 Tea Partiers?? Show a reliable estimate, not an anonymous report.
And just who would you consider a reliable source. I have a funny feeling no matter who reported this you would just find a reason to dispute it. You need to open your eyes and see that with his latest approval ratings that this is not only possible but more likely probable.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you for your honesty, too bad more cannot be honest as you.
So if someone doesn't like Obama, they're noble, decent, and honest people; if they like Obama, they're idiots. Do I have that right?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Either way he had far more then the Presidunce who should have had a million people according to his followers.

Brown had more people in the bathroom then Obama had in the hallway!!!

Wait until Tuesday, we will see who wins and then you can start making excuses and not understanding that Obama was defeated in this race.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
only if subsidies can pay 100 percent will he be able to afford it...thanks for the thought....even before i got fired i worked at a pizza place and a big majority of people there did not have insurance because they simply couldnt afford "any" extra costs at all....alot of people i know just head to the ER when it gets too serious of a health problem "not just a cut or cold or something"..and then they dont pay the bill because they dont have the money and they know the hospital will usually write it off.....i myself dont have health insurance either...hell i dont have a job and have only unemployment money coming in so i definatly cant afford it either with the other stuff i need to pay for with that little amount of unemployment...i have been looking for jobs everywhere in my area seriously and no one has hours right now...so im kinda stuck...but the main reason im against the bill is because of the abortion factor and it just doesnt make sense that they would fine someone or lock someone up who doesnt have medical insurance ....it just seems off to me that people would have thier votes for sale in congress too...and i hear that ben nelson is actually having second thoughts now about accepting the help for his vote so all this just adds up and doesnt seem right to me..and they should have been more out in the open with the public during the debates.

If he is in the dire straits you claim he is in then he will be able to get 100% subsidy.

As far as the people you know who go to the ER if something happens because they do not have insurance. You just established one of the reasons insurance costs, and what not or so out of control. Now first of all for those who do not have insurance it means they lack access to preventative care. Now having access to preventative care typically makes someone more vulnerable to illness and disease. That in turn increases the cost of treating those without insurance compared to treating those with insurance. Secondly, those without access to the preventative care, when they do get sick, when they do get a disease or an illness its often caught later than someone who has access to insurance. The later an illness, disease, etc is caught the more expensive it is to treat, and if it happened to be a serious illness or disease the later something is caught the more fatal it is.

I can somewhat understand where you are coming from with the people being forced to have insurance. However, those who can't afford it will get the help they need in the form of subsidies. Also the reason that language is in the bill is due to the tremendous strain those without insurance put on the system. First off as I said those without insurance are more expensive to treat than those with it. Secondly, it isn't as simple as going to the ER, and having the ER write it off if you can't afford it. Many bankruptcies and foreclosures are a direct result of those who fell behind due to massive medical costs. This has a direct impact on the economy Third, for those who do get the ER just to write it off, where do you think that $$ is recouped from. For one some hospitals have had to close due to the financial shape it was in for this very reason. In other cases hospitals have needed to be bailed out by state and local governments. This can lead to increased taxes on that level, as well as cuts in services to other areas that may have needed it as well as deficits in local and state governments. It also has a direct impact on the costs of insurance. It makes it more difficult for someone who has insurance to pay for it and keep the insurance, and it makes it even more difficult for the person who wants the insurance, but can't afford it

Not only are those without insurance or without adequate insurance more likely to wind up with diseases and illnesses but what they do get results in a greater chance of it being fatal and/ or much more costly to treat due to it typically being found later Aside from that and the moral aspects about having access to quality health care, the uninsured impacts the lives of not only those without insurance, but it also has a massive negative impact on every part of our economy.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What were they when it happened to Bush?

This is America and we have the right to voice our displeasure with our president
Never denied that. People express their obsession.....I mean displeasure....with our president all the time on this forum.

Do I say anything? All I can do is roll my eyes and laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections