Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The problem with warning your enemies, is that they dig in and are ready.
You guys simply do not get it. Without the middle and independents, you have NOTHING. Americans are generally not far left. Once it becomes apparent you are governing from the far left, your popular support collapses, as apparent in VA, NJ and MA.

Obama knows nothing else but far left, and you know what's around the corner? Your utter defeat. Incumbent Dem congressmen better resign or they will lose. Blue Dogs better move back to center. The arrogance that this Congress has displayed toward United States citizens is a disgrace. It's an honor to serve the people and you best remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,415,364 times
It was our best short term hope to stop getting things “shoved up our a#$”….

The best comment I heard last night is that the Democrats will now assemble a “Circular Firing Squad” to take care of who was responsible for the loss..

Let’s hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:52 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,095,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I'm not a democrat or a republican so I could care less. My point is any troll can make accusations and not support it with FACT which is what most people on here do anyway.

I'm not lazy so if I see a statement I am not sure I believe, I do a little research. Some people wait for others to do the work for them.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:56 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,477,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
all i know is that the bluest blue state just went red and i am tickled pink.
Pretty much guaranteed he's out in like 2 years, I wouldn't get excited.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM

298 posts, read 999,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Pretty much guaranteed he's out in like 2 years, I wouldn't get excited.
Yeah, hopefully he'll be in Obama's seat in two years!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Oh, and if Republicans think the next election is going to be like this, they probably are wrong. This kind of election, historically, makes the base of the party that lost come out strong.

Republicans turned this from a state election, to a national election. Dems will be spending more money now, they'll be ready. This wasn't a wake up, it was a shot across the bow. The problem with warning your enemies, is that they dig in and are ready.
That's the problem, they're too busy trying to figure out strategy so they can "win", while ignoring what the public wants and expects from them. As a result they're fighting the public, not the republicans. When the public has expressed it's concerns, all they've heard back is that it's all misinformation from the conservative media and the secret deals just keep happening.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,145,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Absolutely!
Im glade yall are happy. Being in a deep depression since the election isnt good for you. Now you can at least smile and believe there is hope. Even though Obama is in charge and is going to do just about anything he wants to for the next 7 years which may send you back into the dark world of depression for now you can wipe away your tears.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:25 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I'm not lazy so if I see a statement I am not sure I believe, I do a little research. Some people wait for others to do the work for them.

I'm not lazy either, but if I make a bullsh it statement I expect to be called out. The fact that a blanket statement like "Boy is this OP grasping for straws. Browns election has stopped hussein obama's health care. Democrats are coming out of the woodwork saying it's time to stop it and put it on the back burner. " and cannot support it with facts proves the point that once again anyone can post GARBAGE and not have facts to back it up. If there were a slew of dems coming out of the woodwork as you stated it would be pretty news worthy. Again you havent posted anything to prove your statement as anything more than partisan bullshhh....

The fact that the DEMS in the 2 houses are having differences in the language of the two bills is in FACT true, but I'm certain that didnt just happen last night when Brown won in MASS.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,333,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Im glade yall are happy. Being in a deep depression since the election isnt good for you. Now you can at least smile and believe there is hope. Even though Obama is in charge and is going to do just about anything he wants to for the next 7 years which may send you back into the dark world of depression for now you can wipe away your tears.
Sounds like sour grapes. I think this election just sealed the fate on the "Obama is going to do just about anything he wants to". People don't like one-party super majority rule, and the voters of MA just sent that message directly to the White House. Hopefully they will listen and learn, like Clinton did. Then and ONLY then does Obama have a snowball's chance in hell of a second term. I have serious doubts about that though. He's much more egotistical that Clinton.

I think you sir are the one in need of the hanky today.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Good post; nice job; a more-refined health care bill is still a good possibility..
I would love to see a more refined health care bill.
What is currently being offered in milk-toast.
Public Option is, to me, the only way to get rid of the stranglehold that profit making insurance companies have on us.
Whether or not I live should not be a decision made by an accountant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections