Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ONLY for Obama voters,will u vote for him again in 2012..?
YES 125 78.62%
NO 34 21.38%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

My answer is a big maybe, which is not an available option in this poll.

I voted for Obama in 2008 because my choice was an old man with a less than stellar legislative history, who picked a bimbo for a running mate, or a young man with limited experience but great potential, whose running mate was at least acceptable.

If my choices in 2012 are as pitiful as they were in 2008, Obama will once again get my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 02:47 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Interesting thread I believe...
Please,only those of u who indeed voted for Obama in 2008 should participate.
Let's run a reliable poll too...
I am curious to know the main reason(s) u voted for him in 2008
& the main reason(s) u will not vote for him in 2012...

Let the comments begin...
You need a "maybe" option in your poll. I may vote for him again, but it depends on many things - how things are then, what happens economically, who the other candidates are, etc.

I voted for Obama because I wanted someone in power who would do something other than what had been done for the past eight years - which is basically pass tax cuts, wage wars, and do nothing while the middle class continues to lose out at expense to the top richest few percent in the nation.

I knew that the economy was already heading into a major recession and that debt would skyrocket - the bailouts already started under Bush. I thought that the debt would actually have ballooned no matter if a Republican or a Democrat was in office.

I'm still open on health care; I think it could be a step in the right direction, and in principle I have zero problem with people being required to have affordable coverage. I think that a plan such as this cannot ever be entirely resolved in one bill and will be a continuous decades-long process - but it has the possibility of a better path than the one we were currently on, which was disastrous (interesting how no right-winger seemed to notice that). The trick, as always, will be in the implementation over the next several decades, and it will extend well beyond Obama.

I think that the economy is going to take a long time to mend, and I think it would look pretty much the same under either a Republican or a Democrat right now.

I'm not a Democrat per se and I don't "belong" to a political party. I voted for Bush the first time around.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,752 times
Default Because of SCOTUS...

Of course I will vote for Obama again, if for nothing else it's because of SCOTUS. I don't want anymore right wing corporatist whack jobs in there..

Old 04-03-2010, 02:50 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
Trust me on the abscence of "maybe",
I "force " u to take sides the way u will be polarised to take sides on election day...

Old 04-03-2010, 02:53 PM

680 posts, read 1,384,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
No,I think I made a smart move to limit the choices,because that framing really happens in actual elections...
U r forced to choose either Dem or Rep...

So,if we keep this thread clean,we can make realistic predictions...
I see what you're saying and that's a good refutation of my wish that there be more options than "yes" or "no."

But you cannot predict anything from such a poll because you have no control over who participates (you can't stop Obama detractors from voting in the poll) and you cannot account for those who didn't vote for Obama before but might next time.

And, beyond either of those arguments, this one is the best of all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I will wait and see. I alway hope the republicans put up a viable candidate but they haven't had one is awhile.
Very sensible. I realize you cannot construct a poll using imaginary GOP candidates so you're just trying to get a feel for how Obama voters now feel about the man they voted for.

But, honestly, if Republicans could resurrect Teddy Roosevelt, I'd vote GOP over Obama. However, dead people don't often run for public office except maybe in New Jersey and Chicago.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:22 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
I believe in good manners...

The pre election "polls" of CDF were...pretty accurate...

Old 04-03-2010, 03:26 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,764,522 times
"It all depends on if there's someone better running against him".......isn't that the same excuse right wingers used for RE-ELECTING bush?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Way to early to answer that question....and I'm a conservative.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:19 PM

412 posts, read 405,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not knowing who that candidate is seems a little biased and narrow minded. BTW, so far it is 11 to 1 Obama, I doubt there are many non Obama voters voting in this poll, giving an opinion yes, voting not likely.

Nita
The chances of the Republicans nominating a competent moderate are low. None of the prospective Republican candidates hold any appeal to me. A few are tolerable, but I would not vote for them.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,093,812 times
Most likely, I don't even want to know who the Republican candidate is going to be this time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections